Lack Lustre Colours

Reaction score
Morning All

Having had my P4 now for only two weeks and been in the air 4 times, shooting in .mov format I am finding the unedited video's to be lack lustre in colours with the greens being very flat etc. Is there a way please to boost the colours ie the settings in DJI Go.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Try selecting vivid in the camera settings. That should perk things up.

Tap the screen to quickly set light exposure in the area you need to capture when using auto exposure.

Plan your flight to never shoot video toward the sun, it's difficult to get right with video.

Vivid is OK in some situations, can look a bit too garish sometimes though.
Are you shooting in the 'None' profile?
That's usually the most natural and neutral option for bit of work when editing.
You can make a custom profile with a bit more saturation and contrast (but I'd advise against increasing sharpness)

Thing is different light conditions require constant adjustments.
In dull conditions more saturation and contrast will help, in bright sun it will probably look better without.
This is why most eventually get more into post-processing and record in a rather neutral style.
It's so much easier to adjust each scene for the effect you hoped for later

I shoot mp-4 format with the none setting and get very good color right off the bat. I'll tweak saturation and contrast a bit every now and then. Shooting into sun can cause some flatness in color. But if it's late enough you can get some very cool looks shooting right into a nice sunset at times. Use ND for sure to help your contrast and color quality some too.

Try selecting vivid in the camera settings. That should perk things up.

Tap the screen to quickly set light exposure in the area you need to capture when using auto exposure.

Plan your flight to never shoot video toward the sun, it's difficult to get right with video.
This is going be a noob question but... Will shooting into the sun, regardless of quality outcome, permanently damage the camera?

I shoot mp-4 format with the none setting and get very good color right off the bat. I'll tweak saturation and contrast a bit every now and then. Shooting into sun can cause some flatness in color. But if it's late enough you can get some very cool looks shooting right into a nice sunset at times. Use ND for sure to help your contrast and color quality some too.
What does ND stand for? I'm still learning terminology. Thanks!

What does ND stand for? I'm still learning terminology. Thanks!
Oh sorry, it stands for Neutral Density Filter that screws onto the front of your P4 lens. Polar Pro is the brand to get imo. Buy a set that includes an ND4 all the way up to an ND32. Good to have them all tbo. A 4,8,16 and 32. In super bright sun in middle of day prob use the 32. Why... so you can slow your shutter down to about 60th of a second at 100 iso. And if you are shooting at 30 Frames per second on your video settings. So whatever frame rate you are set on for video, double that number and that is your preferred shutter speed to make your video look silky smooth and more cinematic we'll say. Then toward end of day as it gets darker outside, you can move to a 4 or an 8 to also keep your shutter speed the same. Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: LosDosMonitos
Oh sorry, it stands for Neutral Density Filter that screws onto the front of your P4 lens. Polar Pro is the brand to get imo. Buy a set that includes an ND4 all the way up to an ND32. Good to have them all tbo. A 4,8,16 and 32. In super bright sun in middle of day prob use the 32. Why... so you can slow your shutter down to about 60th of a second at 100 iso. And if you are shooting at 30 Frames per second on your video settings. So whatever frame rate you are set on for video, double that number and that is your preferred shutter speed to make your video look silky smooth and more cinematic we'll say. Then toward end of day as it gets darker outside, you can move to a 4 or an 8 to also keep your shutter speed the same. Hope this makes sense.
No need to apologize! Thank you very much for the lengthy and detailed answer! I will do more research on the Polar Pro models. Again, thank you!

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj