Label over vent

Reaction score
Is it okay to put a sticker label over this vent?
1498604220758.jpg

Considering how hot the batteries get, I would not want to cover up anything that helps with air flow and cooling in the battery compartment.

I wouldn't want to cover up *any* vent either. When I put my registration # on my Phantom, I used a Brother label maker. The labels aren't very big and you can control the print size to three different sizes. I put the resulting label on that little "ledge" just above the battery.

At the moment, it looks like a court case has thrown out the FAA registration requirement. Because sometimes the law moves so slowly, I've left my registration number on my phantom - and my Chroma and my QX3 and my ....

Hopefully some of this nonsense will get ironed out soon. I wonder if the FAA will give me my money back? Oh that's right - they already did LOL.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
I wouldn't want to cover up *any* vent either. When I put my registration # on my Phantom, I used a Brother label maker. The labels aren't very big and you can control the print size to three different sizes. I put the resulting label on that little "ledge" just above the battery.

At the moment, it looks like a court case has thrown out the FAA registration requirement. Because sometimes the law moves so slowly, I've left my registration number on my phantom - and my Chroma and my QX3 and my ....

Hopefully some of this nonsense will get ironed out soon. I wonder if the FAA will give me my money back? Oh that's right - they already did LOL.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
Lol yea. Well here in canada they have a law that you have to put your full name, full address and full phone # clearly on your drone. Well I could just put it right ontop. But that will make it ugly. I want a place that is clearly visible but dosen't make it look ugly. I want it to look like it was meant to be there.

... I know, I'm picky!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl