La Vergne City (TN) Leaders Discuss Recent Drone Sighting

Re: La Vergne City (TN) Leaders Discuss Recent Drone Sightin

Soon we're all going to be outlaws...

Of all these talks about drones spying on people, afaik there hasn't been any controversial spying videos generated by consumer grade drones. One of the main reason is probably because they're not equipped with tele lenses(!) So you'd have to be really close and noisy to get clips of any interest anyway, otherwise they might as well be mundane public scenery.

We need to buy\lend these 'community leaders' DJI phantoms for them to 'evaluate' so they know what it's all about and get them on our side :mrgreen:

If you live in a neighborhood like that and your flying around neighbors houses your a **** and an accident waiting to happen.

On the other hand If I were that ladies neighbor I would have to setup a release gimbal and drop dog crap on her roof :lol:

"taking pictures of our kids and husbands" LOL

I would think you could do some actual spying with a S1000 and DSLR camera with a nice lens. You can't really hear the Phantom past a certain height, the sound blends with the normal sound of AC units and pool pumps and yard work. Get an S1000 high enough with a great lens and you could probably spy undetected. Granted I don't think you can get close enough to read what people are writing on a piece of paper but close enough to see someone sun bathing. Although I don't think I'd want to see anyone sun bathing that lives in TN. Did you see the size of that Mayor? You wouldn't need to zoom in very close to see her.

The public sentiment that drives situations like the ones in that article are what worry me far more than the posturing the FAA is doing right now. I think state/local ordinances may end up being even more of a thorn in our side than whatever the feds end up handing down.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik