LA Cops confiscate Phantom

I'm glad they took his Phantom.

It's know it all douchebags like this guy who put our hobby at risk.

That guy was an idiot. He's trying to be the video vigilante of the UAV world, but at least in this case the cops did not take the bait. I pulled up his channel and it appears his primary purpose is to provoke the police into confrontation and claim his first amendment rights are being violated. He's just another 7th grade dropout Constitutional
scholar.

I pity future generations...

Yeah... All this guy had to do was say "I'm sorry, I wasn't aware" (Though I kind of think he was looking for a confrontation since he mentions "just bring your cameras... yada yada") and I am sure it would have been fine. Instead he starts talking about freedom etc. People like this will get more stringent laws put in place...

Monte55 said:
Don't argue with cops. Ya can't win. The cops were nice...the guy was a jerk
I wish I had the kind of patience they showed. Wonder what that ordinance they cited him on really said.

Monte55 said:
Don't argue with cops. Ya can't win. The cops were nice...the guy was a jerk
X2
First if I would have wanted to fly their (witch I would not) I would have asked the big brass for permission .
Second if this goober would have been cool I bet the police would have let him go with his bird & a citation .
Dang P2V guys ! Joke !!!!!

This guy is a problem and totally trying to provoke the authorities.

The people saying its a navy warship and it should be shot down are being a little dramatic. It's the USS Iowa, a WWII battleship that is now a museum (NOT owned by the Navy anymore) in the San Pedro port of LA. Regardless of that, the port is restricted due to the proximity of the Long Beach Naval Complex and not a good place to fly.

The cops were very nice considering this guy is such as jackass!

Redwood said:
This guy is a problem and totally trying to provoke the authorities.

The people saying its a navy warship and it should be shot down are being a little dramatic. It's the USS Iowa, a WWII battleship that is now a museum (NOT owned by the Navy anymore) in the San Pedro port of LA. Regardless of that, the port is restricted due to the proximity of the Long Beach Naval Complex and not a good place to fly.

The cops were very nice considering this guy is such as jackass!

Immediately astern of the USS Iowa is an active San Antonio class warship. This ship is not a museum and is an active US Navy ship.

When does LA have there Police Auctions, I'm going to go bid on his drone....LOL If is guy would have just said no problem officer its down and it will stay down, I think he could have walked away with his drone and video!

Clipper707 said:
Immediately astern of the USS Iowa is an active San Antonio class warship. This ship is not a museum and is an active US Navy ship.

Ahhh yes I see that now. Too bad that idiot feeds off this attention... I imagine we'll see more of him in the news. I read some of his youtube comments and he definitely has some mental issues.

mmn said:
I wish I had the kind of patience they showed. Wonder what that ordinance they cited him on really said.

Cops show a lot more patience and courtesy when they're on camera, I've noticed. :lol:

Yeah the guy was a jerk...but through out this video it reminded me of the Beverly Hills Cop movie where Eddie Murphy in the back of the police car is comparing them to the Detroit police. He talks about how NICE the inside of their car is and how POLITE the police are, compared to Detroit. Wonder what they would have done to this guy, if he were in Detroit? :lol:

Catch All charges. DC, Menacing, Wanton Endangerment and Interfering with Government Operations = Immediate Discretionary Arrest.
He was very lucky he only got a ticket but he won't learn until he goes broke getting his Quads seized and paying the Court costs.

ProfessorStein said:
Khudson7 said:
Wonder what they would have done to this guy, if he were in Detroit? :lol:

... or Ferguson

It's not so bad, at least the ED-209 gives you 10 seconds to comply...better than the real cops!
BvAsMNICYAMak4T.jpg:large

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31