Kumba Cam FPV review

Reaction score
I recently bought an FPV kit from Kumba Cam and put together a full video review that you can see below. The unique thing about their kit is that it is ready to go right out of the box and the monitor has a built in receiver and battery. In all my searching, I couldn't find another single monitor that had the receiver and the battery. I had a few minor gripes that I mention in the video, but for the most part, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for an FPV kit to support aerial photography.

http://youtu.be/Jth70mFTxjU

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Jth70mFTxjU[/youtube]
(not sure why the youtube embed code isn't working here)

Their site is:
http://www.kumbacam.com/

And I also came across them selling on eBay, so check both spots for the best price.

Seems like a decent option for a ready to go FPV setup.
I don't suppose those video/audio connections on the side of the monitor are outputs are they? Would be nice to use with goggles if I decided to go that route in the future.

Well, thats me out.
Contacted kumbacam about postage to Ireland.

6-10 day $74USD
3 day guaranteed $150USD

Madness!!

I buy stuff from the US and all over the world all the time and pay a lot less for tracked and insured than this.
They must be going to fly it to my house via quadcopter or something at those prices :)

Just got mine. Charging the batteries got the monitor attached to the controller really don't think I'll need the remote (could of saved a couple dollars by not having the remote). Waiting for the batteries to turn green.

Just a quick followup. Batteries charged, everything attached as it should and a 5-minute maiden flight which went off without any problems. The screen is huge the only negative I can see is a lack of a sun screen something I need to make.

It has 3-RCA plugs, 2-audio in and 1-video in. There's no provision for video out that I can see also no card slot so it looks like it's just a monitor that you can either have wireless or plug into. I did just find the neat foldout stand attached to the back.

hi folks... anybody with this kit can you share the actual part number of the display? I'm curious and want to look into it further but an hour of searching hasn't led me to a single place where I can confirm I'm looking at a SuperSonic 7" display with an integrated 5.8Ghz receiver... all I can find are their normal "TVs", curious if it's the same thing or if this is one of Supersonic's tablets

Boscam makes a fully integrated 7"monitor with battery and 5.8ghz receiver…mine should be here today some time…hoping this works good…seen nothing but good reviews on it so hope it works!

whatup Rangers! I saw you post in the NYC area thread too I'm in Manhattan. Yep I've seen that Boscam display all over the place too... I'm currently struggling with the display vs goggles decision... seems like all the best videos I watch the pilots say or show that they use goggles... on the other hand I'm just starting out and 159 vs 400 for the FPV Rx seems better since I just dropped 1200 for the P2 and GoPro :)
I'm really interested in this KumbaCam kit, lot of good reviews here and elsewhere but they aren't responding to sales inquiry and I feel like this FPV stuff isn't THAT hard to build via components...

Hey whats up QYV…yeah I researched the FPV stuff for a while…the goggles seemed cool but just don't like the idea of having my eyes covered in those goggles…will see how the monitor works out..hopefully i will get to try it today if this **** weather lets me LOL

hah good luck it's pretty crappy down here. I'm hoping this weekend the weather breaks long enough for a quick flight test. Say last quick question for now did you just get a Boscam Tx to go with that receiver? like the TS351?
I'm cool with chatting online too if you have gchat feel free to hit me up I'm will at etn.fm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj