Knowing your height?

Reaction score
Other than physically looking, or checking the App Altitude how would you decide you were high enough to avoid the likes of trees?

Reactions: HarleyKen
Fly your Phantom straight up into the sky, do a 360 yaw, and verify you're high enough to clear all obstacles in your flight path. Add at least 50 feet to whatever altitude is displayed in DJI GO at that time. You can reset the RTH altitude in DJI GO mid-flight.

Reactions: HarleyKen
Fly your Phantom straight up into the sky, do a 360 yaw, and verify you're high enough to clear all obstacles in your flight path. Add at least 50 feet to whatever altitude is displayed in DJI GO at that time. You can reset the RTH altitude in DJI GO mid-flight.

Any tips with understanding the view ( that's a awful explanation of a question from me )

What I mean is, seeing what the camera sees on you phone and because the camera is wide angled any tips on deciphering how high you are in terms of what you see on the screen?

Hope that makes sense lol,

I fly close to treeline and then slowly rise until my camera view(90 degrees/neutral) is obviously above treeline. I find n my area average treeline is about 75 to 80 feet high. That said, there can be higher objects. Also, watch for ground elevation changes. the above recommendation is pretty solid. I usually fly around 140-160 feet in height in forested areas. This seems to give best overall view of the surrounding in my use. I tip the camera down so that just a fringe of skyline is showing to minimize too much brightness on screen. Be sure and touch the area of the screen you want the auto setting to set to. Didn't know this for months LOL.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Any tips with understanding the view
As long as you add some kind of buffer, you should be fine. If you have any doubts, add another 50 feet.

Reactions: Dazzauk
What do u mean touch the screen where and for what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When using auto exposure for camera, touch the screen in area of screen you want the exposure to use. Such as dark treeline vs a well lit shoreline. It easier than changing the manual settings while in flight. At least for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen