Knowing what you know now ...

Just replaced my Phantom 2 Vision+ with ...

ANOTHER Phantom 2 Vision+!!! Just hope they fix that dang gimbal lean.

As a novice and newbie, I think I *might* purchase another PV2+ and because of my limited knowledge about electronics. I chose the PV2+ because it has a gimbal, one that I don't have to construct myself after-market. I have seen the instructions on how to update/upgrade the PV2 so it can have a gopro with gimbal. For myself though, I didn't want to do the 'work' needed, I didn 't want to spent as much or maybe more on those kinds of customizations that would be required to make the PV2 = to or > than the PV2+

Well if a gun was held to my head and I 'had' to buy 'any' Chinese flying camcorder that's on the market 'right now' ..... it would unquestionably be C ... but only because the specs for the new GoPro H4 are out .... and it will do 4K at 30 fps, 1080 at 120fps and 720 at 240fps, has digital image stabilization, and a low light optimized lens, can take stills during video imaging, and other goodies with a minimal price increase.
See: http://dgise.com/post/62262921573/gopro ... -disclosed

But for now I'll be patient and see if DJI brings a 'high end prosumer/low end pro-level' 500 sized RTF Hex (with single motor loss redundancy possibilities) that has at least the Vision's flight times, a multi-camera. 360º continuous roll/pan movement, quick change gimbal, retracts, full autonomous waypoint flight with POI, and both smart phone and FatShark (etc.) capabilities, and can be purchased in different configurations (like Burger King ... you can get it "your way") ...... all @ under $2K.
But heck ... that's actually what the Walkera H500 is (at least) 'advertised/reported' to be ..... and then some (like 12 channel Tx/Rx with built in FPV, expo/dual rates, multi-model memory/configuration, and etc.)! :shock:

The problems (as I see it) is that although any of these platforms have, and will have their own set of performance/reliability issues that can usually be worked around (with varying levels of results) the thing that really needs a 'much' better commitment from the Chinese is their customer service, and more importantly ........ reasonably priced parts availability 'at product release'.
Unfortunately I just don't see that improving from the Chinese at all.
Their approach to business is build it, release it, try to fix it with updates, release a new version, abandon the old version ..... and repeat.

So ... I'll try to wait see what the end of summer looks like before I shell out anymore coin.
It's a steep techno curve for flying camcorder development, and a lot of pretty cool things are happening right now ... all making the wait more difficult.
So I'm experiencing a battle of wills. :lol:

a) another plus - having great fun with this !!

:lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers