Knockoff Phantom 3 backpack

Reaction score
Hi all, as promised a mini-review of the knockoff Phantom 3 backpack I purchased from here:

Hardshell Backpack Protective Waterproof Protective Shoulder Bag for DJI Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced $107.21 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

The same bag is available off eBay for less, but generally is half the price of the official DJI unit.

The long and the short of it: identical on the inside, 99% the same on the outside.

I was able to see the DJI bag hands on recently at a DJI event. As some of you know, it is compact, light, and offers much protection for the Phantom. This bag is no different. The sturdy foam on the inside perfectly hugs the Phantom body and remote. It will not be shaking around as you travel. It has pockets which are cut to fit 3 batteries, plus one in the P3. Side pockets are cut to easily fit an iPad mini or similar on one side, and the charger on the other side. I can fit two sets of props in there as well. There are a couple smaller holes cut which nicely receive the USB or Lightning cables. The lid is also moulded to hold the P3 in place, no matter what orientation the bag is in.

On the outside, the straps are well padded, with a chest strap to keep them on as you move. The back is well padded and comfortable, with a nice air gap so you don't get too sweaty.

The shell side is abs plastic, the same as the DJI unit. It is even textured similar, but maybe a coarser faux-weave than the DJI. The logo on the back is a nice touch, and is actually rubber, and not a printed sticker. The shell also has four feet so that it sits without wobbling when loading the bag. And that is the only difference: these feet are moulded, while the DJI ones appear to be attached on, and made of a softer plastic which may grip on some surfaces better. I am not left with the impression that this will be a failure point on this bag. Given than I am not sure the DJI feet would be replaceable, I'm not sure this is a $100 difference worth worrying about.

So, long story short: knockoff backpack is identical to the DJI, for half the price or less.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441492798.421832.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441492809.050410.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441492819.467884.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441492827.635868.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441492837.369337.jpg

Reactions: FunN4lo
Very nice write-up. Kind of wondered if the knockoff was as good as the real deal. Thanks @suprphreak. I will be getting one of those if I need to pack into somewhere with the quad. I wanted a fairly permanent storage compartment for my P3 in my Xterra so built a Pine Box. I love the box hinged top large enough for all the accessories. It occupies space in the back of the Xterra all the time.

Very nice write-up. Kind of wondered if the knockoff was as good as the real deal. Thanks @suprphreak. I will be getting one of those if I need to pack into somewhere with the quad. I wanted a fairly permanent storage compartment for my P3 in my Xterra so built a Pine Box. I love the box hinged top large enough for all the accessories. It occupies space in the back of the Xterra all the time.

That sounds pretty cool, I'd like to see that!

Myself....I drive a Smart or a motorcycle, so space is at a premium to begin with...

I bought the Koozam model for my P3A with the supposed carbon fiber shell and it was huge. This case did allow you to travel with the propeller guards on so it needs to be bigger but it was ridiculous. Finally landed (no pun intended) on the Think Tank Airport Heli-Pak. These dudes are smart and they did an excellent job. It was pricey but it's going to be great for travel since it's the size of a normal carry on bag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik