Knew it was going to happen some day...

Reaction score
Just got my courage up to do the magic power mod to increase my telemetry connection...which btw increased my connectivity 2fold, pretty impressed!! On the way back home, I ' m going to write off to my excitement with the mod, I clipped a tree landing the quad, it fluttered a bit, but landed quite softly afterwards...took it up again minutes later and this is the result. Even though I noticed no difference in flying capabilities, obviously something is wrong...what can I do? No stress cracks, but motor is surely not aligned correctly?
3fd16c20a1379a229b1c33fc3c2a9425.jpg

Looks like the motor isn't setting properly (duh!) or the arm has been bent. And of course, it could be a bent prop - I assume that you checked them for any damage or distortion. Unless you see some obvious wrinkles along the seam, I would suspect the motor. Try loosening the bolts holding it to the shell and adjusting the way it is seated then tighten back up. Hand turn the props to check alignment. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to take the shell apart to inspect for damage around the motor mounts. Good luck.

how can anyone tell from that pic the motor is not alligned correctly? These motors do sit at a slight angle,

how did you get that chunk taken out of the shell?

and why is one prop covered in orange?

how can anyone tell from that pic the motor is not alligned correctly? These motors do sit at a slight angle,

how did you get that chunk taken out of the shell?

and why is one prop covered in orange?

Primarily by the gouge you noted created on the shell top likely from the prop.

The orange appears to be tip decoration.

I have red tips on the props, nothing to do with crash. Chunk out of shell is from flying after the crash and the prop hitting the body. It flew just fine, thought everything was ok until I landed and saw the big gouge in the body. Going to try RichardR suggestions today...saw on Amazon a P3S aircraft only for $199, might have to go that direction if I can't fix things

this may be a bit off topic but I thought magic power mod was primarily for Europe. I didnt think it had much of an advantage for USA flying. No??

You're partly right, it does not improve RC/AC distance, but it greatly increases video/telemetry making it rock solid even on waypoint missions outside of RC signal

Update: that arm is tweaked pretty badly, unrepairable. Spent the morning watching videos on shell replacement and have decided to give it a shot, have one coming in a couple days. Any advice from those who've done it would be appreciated [emoji846]

Update: that arm is tweaked pretty badly, unrepairable. Spent the morning watching videos on shell replacement and have decided to give it a shot, have one coming in a couple days. Any advice from those who've done it would be appreciated [emoji846]

Got the shell replacement finished up this morning...not only was the arm tweaked, also two of the plastic posts the motor sits on we're broken and fell out as I took it apart. It now looks like new and flies like nothing ever happened! Very happy I tackled this repair...I have my phantom back, but I also learned a ton in the process!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan