Kitesurfing aerial footage

Reaction score
Finally! I bought this quad to shoot kitesurfing and I finally got a sunny day with a few other guys out who I could shoot to make this video.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/91850619

Well, I learned that:

1) 15 knots of wind is basically not an issue at all for the phantom. Once you take off its as if there is no wind at all. (especially is you fly side ways with the wind) I am going kitesurfing tomorrow, its supposed to be windier - I will see how 20 knots feels.

2) I should fly closer, I was nervous about the kite. I flew 5m higher then the lines and I shouldn't be worried.

3) I need to anticipate the kite movement a bit more and the footage will look better at turns

4) My kiter friends like me even more when I video them kiting and then share the footage with them

overall - great lessons.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Happydogs- I have the phantom2 with gimbal, GoPro 3+, fpv - fatshark goggles

PVD aerial said:
Well, I learned that:

2) I should fly closer, I was nervous about the kite. I flew 5m higher then the lines and I shouldn't be worried.

+1. This is like the note on rear view mirrors on cars.......because of the fisheye lens, objects in the FPV are closer than they appear. This can be dangerous if you're trying to avoid hitting something, but a challenge if you're trying to fill the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers