Kip index app

Reaction score
Hey all can anyone recommend a good kp index app for iOS.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

UAV Forecast - It has kp among all things good to see if you should fly now or at any time the same day. One of the nice and important features is winds at different altitudes (it does change and usually is faster).

I just use the UAV forecast.com or use the Univ of Alaska aurora borealis predictor for kp index.

Cool thank you

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

can anyone recommend a good kp index
I know some people like to follow this, but it has no effect on the Phantom. I just wanted to throw that out there in case that's why you're thinking of watching it.

I like the UAV Forecast app as you can set your own personal limits in the settings and then see a go / no go message based on all your settings at a glance.

I know some people like to follow this, but it has no effect on the Phantom. I just wanted to throw that out there in case that's why you're thinking of watching it.

@msinger A high kp index can interrupt GPS reception on various devices. Are you saying the Phantom is not affected by a high kp Index? Evan to be cautious...

Are you saying the Phantom is not affected by a high kp Index?
I follow a lot (and, I mean a lot!) of Phantom related discussions online. I've never seen anyone find a high kp index as being a cause for GPS related problems in a Phantom. So, I can only conclude it's a non-issue.

Up here it's the cat's pajamas for forecasting the light show in the night sky.

@msinger Ok, but it's not a matter of circumstantial evidence, it's science that radio waves are effected by the solar energy effect, You may not loose GPS, but it can become inaccurate during a solar storm. Most of the country does not have to worry about it, but it can't hurt to be aware of it and fly with caution in the presence of a high Kp. (Know how to fly it in manual (ATTI) mode just in case you want to disable GPS ATTI mode).

but it's not a matter of circumstantial evidence, it's science that radio waves are effected by the solar energy effect
Anything is possible I suppose. I prefer to make decisions based on actual findings and facts. And, in this case, it's not a known fact that the kp index has a negative effect on the Phantom's GPS. Furthermore, I don't want people to be paranoid about things that don't really matter ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31