Kingkong 40 fancier Backpack arrived today update.

Just received mine yesterday! Tried Mako79's set up and it worked perfect for my P2+V3 with everything included. I went for a 5 mile bike ride to try it, and went for a quick flight, and back to the car. Worked great, very comfortable while riding (and walking). A great addition for lightweight travel VS my HPRC 2700 hard case which I use to lock into the car (locked around the seat frame in back seat area of SUV, and the case itself is also locked) if I'm leaving it for any length of time.
Great Back pack, unexpectedly high construction quality, similar to the MANY "Lowepro" brand packs and cases I own, at a fraction of the price!

Does anyone know where I can order one of these within Canada? Or someone that ships here?

Cheers!

Hi I just got mine today- ordered it from ebay- axrstudio- $53 us very fast shipping took only 2 days- write them and get a quote for Canada

Must admit I do find the zipped back flap awkward as it gets in the way when trying to adjust the velcro dividers. If only the zip went all the way to the bottom it would have made access much easier!

That being said, once configured it does fit well. As seen from my pics I've positioned the quad upside down as the fit is more snug compared to being upright. I could do with two more of the longer dividers though not sure where to purchase them from?
View attachment 18872 View attachment 18873 View attachment 18874
I have the same backpack and also find the back flap annoying. Do you think a good tailor could put in a new zipper that extends all the way down? I wouldn't mind if some fabric needed to be cut - I think it would be totally worth it for this application if it could be done.

I did the same set up as Mako79-- works pretty good enough room for 3 batteries with one in the phantom- blades on one side- tool box and spare parts on the other- controller on top- I went to home depot and got some rubber caps to put on the motors so the might be less chance of damage to the pack or to the motors- they are #10 screw protector- tight fit but will do the trick for $1.20 for the 4 of them- it may be a bit annoying but if you take your time it fits pretty well.

I also carry a camera backpack- should be interesting to see how this is all going to work :)

Hi I just got mine today- ordered it from ebay- axrstudio- $53 us very fast shipping took only 2 days- write them and get a quote for Canada

Thanks for the heads up. I tried them but sounds like they don't normally ship to Canada but they said they'll look into it.

If there are any other options I'd love to know.

Got mine today and was a bit pissed about the main backpack opening not opening all the way. After playing with it I still wish it would open all the way but if you are looking for a cheap pack this is it. You get what you pay for. I'm not super happy but I'm also not super bummed by this. The drone does fit in the case so if you want something cheap this is it but deal with the issues.

Hi, I was thinking about buying it to travel as a carry on, however, in some airlines this is going to be oversize:

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/cabin_baggage_rules.aspx

Bag is 375*250*470mm
Here allowance would be 55 x 38 x 20cm, 5 cm to tight...

Any experience in "smuggling" bigger bags? If you take your chance but have to check in, I cannot imagine the sate of the phantom on the arrival...

Edit: The phantom 3 is less than 20 cm, it there some room for compression in case of a test?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues