Kingkong 40 fancier Backpack arrived today update.

Very much so. :) Doesn't look like I'm carry a suitcase either unlike the old one! I'll need some motor protectors though to stop them digging into the back.
Hi, did you get your P3? If so , how does it fit? Have you measured it, about to order, looks fantastic and easy for travelling.

Posted this in another thread as well but this place also seemed appropriate. I have my P3 Pro and got the Fancier KingKong 40 in yesterday. I probably still need to tweak the inserts to get it better organized but it definitely held the P3. I also used some air packs around the P3 for additional padding and will need to pick up some thread caps since they poke into the back of the pack. Given the fact that the back is highly padded though, I don't see this as being an issue.

I was able to fit my Surface Pro 3 in the laptop sleeve with plenty of extra space. I put my Nexus 7 beside the quad and the controller fits well on top. There's plenty of extra space for future batteries (whenever they finally come out) and the chargers. I also like the outside pockets for other travel accessories. I'm heading on an international trip Thursday so I'm going to figure out pretty quickly how this pack holds up to jets and hiking!

IMG_20150504_214501.jpg

Reactions: skyviewpix
Posted this in another thread as well but this place also seemed appropriate. I have my P3 Pro and got the Fancier KingKong 40 in yesterday. I probably still need to tweak the inserts to get it better organized but it definitely held the P3. I also used some air packs around the P3 for additional padding and will need to pick up some thread caps since they poke into the back of the pack. Given the fact that the back is highly padded though, I don't see this as being an issue.

I was able to fit my Surface Pro 3 in the laptop sleeve with plenty of extra space. I put my Nexus 7 beside the quad and the controller fits well on top. There's plenty of extra space for future batteries (whenever they finally come out) and the chargers. I also like the outside pockets for other travel accessories. I'm heading on an international trip Thursday so I'm going to figure out pretty quickly how this pack holds up to jets and hiking!

View attachment 18512
Brilliant, should have mine in a few hours, as well as the P3PRO, yes it's going to be a good Wednesday, deliveries are coming, enjoy your trip!

Hi has anyone put their phantom 3 in this bag yet? If so how does it fit- did you have to make any adjustment. Thanks

That backpack is very nice. Almost bought it until DJI released the hard shell one seen in the launch videos. So I think I'll go with that one.

Fits nice. The p2 (vision plus v2 with v3 compass legs) and p3 are almost the same height. The reported extra 15mm I think is when the props are attached. The motors on the p3 is tilted and hence makes it taller.
Landing gear is about 1cm wider and longer.
1431181601927.jpg

1431181790740.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget it has a hidden built in rain coat zippered up in the bottom base. It's hard to find but pretty cool.

When zipped up does it put pressure on the motors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget it has a hidden built in rain coat zippered up in the bottom base. It's hard to find but pretty cool.
yeah.. I've used it many times when hiking. My bag is almost a year old.

You can even attach prop guards on the outside.
Phantom%202%20Backpack2.jpg

When zipped up does it put pressure on the motors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minimal. If you added a 15ich laptop it probably would.

Ordered one of these because of this thread, thanks!! Can't wait to get it and become more mobile with my bicycle/kayak!

Must admit I do find the zipped back flap awkward as it gets in the way when trying to adjust the velcro dividers. If only the zip went all the way to the bottom it would have made access much easier!

That being said, once configured it does fit well. As seen from my pics I've positioned the quad upside down as the fit is more snug compared to being upright. I could do with two more of the longer dividers though not sure where to purchase them from?
thumb_IMG_3488_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_3489_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_3487_1024.jpg

Just pre ordered the dji hardshell backpack, this bag will now become the new slr bag, it's very well built, excellent value for money.

I has mine delivered yesterday.. yes its a snug fit.. but it all fits in the bag, the bag may loosen up a bit when its been used a bit

I also found that fitting quad up side down in the bag was the best option, for me

Must admit I do find the zipped back flap awkward as it gets in the way when trying to adjust the velcro dividers. If only the zip went all the way to the bottom it would have made access much easier!

That being said, once configured it does fit well. As seen from my pics I've positioned the quad upside down as the fit is more snug compared to being upright. I could do with two more of the longer dividers though not sure where to purchase them from?
View attachment 18872 View attachment 18873 View attachment 18874

that must be a pain to take in and out.

I went for the "Y" config and created a pocket for spare batts at the bottom of the bag. This config prevents any heavy items damaging the camera. The pads a held by Velcro and don't need adjusting and its easy in and easy out, The P3 fits even better as the controller does not have the phone clip protruding.

DJI%20Phantom%20Half%20Load.jpg

Is there anything to keep the batteries and controller secured from moving around? From your picture is looks like they would be banging into the underneath of the drone during movement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav