Kindle for FPV - any model to stay away from?

Reaction score
Looking for a Kindle model to use with my Fc40 to better my FPV range out to around to 300 meters. Thanks

Re: Kindle for Friday - any model to stay away from?

I have an old Kindle fire the non hd kind and it works out past 350m before I moded it to take external screw on antennas and now it gets even more range. You have to side load the app for the FC40 tho.

I just wish it could also use the phantom visons app. But hat wont install or work on a regular kindle and needs to be the HD or HDX to be able to do that. So I am contemplating selling my modded fire and getting an HD so I can use it on both my f40 and vision.

Re: Kindle for Friday - any model to stay away from?

Thanks. I ended up buying a HD. After digging I figured out that the 1.2 ghz model has 2 antennas so I decided on that.

Awesome... that's exactly what I would like to use, too, J.James... but the last update blew away my root, and stock won't let me install the Vision.app. What's your Kindle Fire loaded with to be able to install?

Awesome... that's exactly what I would like to use, too, J.James... but the last update blew away my root, and stock won't let me install the Vision.app. What's your Kindle Fire loaded with to be able to install?

My fire wont let me install the visons app at all. But it does let me use the FC40's app if I sideload it using 1moble market.

I think the vison app will only install on fire HD or HDX kindles.

I was finally able to get the Vision app installed, actually.

Had to root my Fire (1st gen - non HD)... which was no easy task because it was running the latest system update (6.3.3). Took about two hours to do between all the reboots. For good measure, I installed CyanogenMod, and then went to the Vision app page in the Play Store and read in the description "if the store says the app is incompatible with your device (it did), click here". Clicked to download, then used OI Filemanager to install it.

The app launches, and appears to operate correctly... but I haven't yet taken it flying, so can't confirm it works 100%.

But VERY excited about being able to use the larger screen, and dedicated WiFi... rather than my tiny phone.

I use the first generation Fire. Works great, but the charging/data connectors in these are very flimsy. I have lost 2 of them that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31