Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Kindle Fire HD with DJGo App?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Azmopic, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Azmopic

Anyone have any luck with this install?
    Thanks in advance

2. toorboy

I dont think a kindle will work azmopic the list is on the dji phantom 3 download page its got to be android or ios device

3. bbfpv

4. shorttimer

I installed it on my Kindle Fire HDX 7" as have a number of people. I got the version, I believe 2.40, from the Google Play Store. The Fire doesn't have GPS so I just went ahead and got, on recommendation of this forum a Nvidia Shield K1. It was $199 from Amazon. And being it has GPS I will now be able to get the maps.

5. Azmopic

Thanks much for the data on Kindle HDX install and Nvidia Shield K1 solution

6. Techcop50

Just finished installing Google Play on my Fire HD 6", running the latest Amazon operating system (5.1.2). Then, I added Google Maps (using the Play store), did a WiFi tether to my Samsung Galaxy 5, and now my Fire HD has MAPS!!! Great match for the Standard!
    Here's the video on how to install the Google services on your Fire HD device:

Tomorrow I'll be plugging this in via micro USB:
    Amazon.com: GlobalSat ND-105C Micro USB GPS Receiver: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I'll let you know how it works out. Obviously, with my P3S, I will have the cache the maps, as my WiFi will be occupied while I fly. I already opened the Flight Records and it is downloading the maps as I view my old flights. Pretty cool, considering the price, performance, and durability of the Fire HD. Screen works pretty well outdoors, too, no hood.

hognut likes this.
  7. volffas

Any update?

8. Techcop50

Yes. I got the GPS dongle to work with the included GPS Info program, but i have not been able to get the dongle to interface with the Google maps. Been busy on other projects, but i'll keep you posted.
    Even without live GPS, the Fire works great on my Standard, I've dedicated it to that purpose.