kindle fire 7" hd and fc40

Reaction score
hi people I have been having issues downloading the fc40 app on my kindle fire
I did have the app running on my galaxy s3 and I deleted the app off the phone
to download it to the kindle but the only option for download on my kindle is for my phone? :?
can anyone tell me how to fix this problem please :)
thanks guys :)

what has your Kindle got to do with your phone? I have it on both and use either one.

For many devices, you can't load the app directly from the Play store, but rather have to download and install the app manually.
You can download it directly from DJI's website.

thanks guys I dont know why but it would only
let me download the app to one device? my phone
so I managed to to download it from 1mobil to
the kindle last night and its working so job
done has anyone had issues using it?
I am hoping to get out tomorrow I
will keep ya'll posted
thanks again guys :)

just an update chaps I did twelve flights over
the weekend and had no issues with the kindle fire
and got the fc40 out farther than I did before :)
am well impressed thanks for the help guys :D

thanks beario I wasent sure what would be best
I was trying to keep the weight down for the tx
do you fly your fc40 out of sight using fpv
iv have lost sight a few times and paniced
twice lol

hi beario just managed to have a look
at the directional does this have a cable
linked to the kindle or does the kindle connect
to the antenna wifi and the antenna to the fc40?

You need a pigtail. I bought an 8 inch for mine. Here is the link. ----------> http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Mini-PCI-U-FL ... hash=item0

The way my Kindle is setup. I removed the Kindle camera, put a hole in the back plastic cover to mount the pigtail, and mounted it using a bit of the hole where the camera used to be. I have a picture posted of this setup somewhere, but it is light weight and perfect for general flying.

My wife is my spotter so I do not lose the quad much anymore because at 450 meters out, it is a small dot and easy to lose sight of. With this setup I get out to 450 meters before I see cutouts. Make sure the camera battery is fully charged before you go out. As the battery gets lower, so does the range.

Even with out adding an external antenna the kindle already have better wifi range then most repeaters even have.
Then even better still if you add an external antenna. I have a regular non hd kindle and was getting 400m plus from it with out moding it at all. and even further with the added external antenna mod. and even with good antennas on my hawkings repeater i can just get about 300-320 meters tops and its also a real pain to lug around the big repeater and the battery set up for it. But on the kindle the range extender is more like a range reducer for me.

I moded my kindle a bit differently tho. Inside were the normal antenna plugs in to the wifi board it uses an ultra mini ipx connector instead of the normal ipx connector I had a hell of a time trying to find any one any were that sold any pig tails with the ultra mini connector and did not want to solder on to the board at all esp when at the time there was no one that had tried it to see if it even worked. I even found a web board for people that hack and tweek the kindles having a 3 year old ongoing discussion on if it was even possible and not one of them *****'s even tried to do it and they all hemmed and hawed on all sorts of stupid reasons why it could not be done. I was willing to try but did not want to be able to not undo it if it didnt work. So what I did was to find a cheap non working kindle antenna with the wire and the ultra mini ipx connector and cut the wire off at the antenna end and soldered on a rp-sma connector. So that I had my own ultra mini to sma pigtail. Then I cut a hole in the side and mounted the sma connecter so it comes out the top corner. It worked out very well and even sort of looks like its supposed to be there like it was from the factory. My girl friend even had it at work and the other girls asked if it was some new model and she told them no her boyfriend is just a mad scientist and made it. lol

I updated the link in my post. I realized I posted the link to another project I am working on that needed soldering. The right link is posted now.

that's to technical for me guys :shock: no way could I do that I would end up knackering it up
n screwing the kindle but I am well impressed with your level of modding :)
I just thought there might of been an easy way like buying an antenna
that fitted in the kindle power port lol something I could manage
am no the brightest light bulb going about :) if I tried to do what u guys do
the kindle would be missing half the bits when I put it together again lol
and beario am impressed ur other half goes out n spots for you m8 :)
I took my other half out and she just looked at it and sayed is that it. is that all it does???? lol
she moans that we never go out and I mention going out with the drone and spending time
and she like naw lol :lol: is there any mods out there that work on other halfs :lol:

You should get her involved. My wife's responsibility is taking care of the photography while I fly. I bought her an FC 40 as well with prop guards and she always flies it at least once when we go flying.

The ipx pigtail and antenna are easy to do. Use this video for reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCH-UMXY0qo

lol if you find a mod that works for the other half let me know.

If thats to tech and if some one is looking to get some more range with out getting a kindle I'm getting ready to sell my un used hawking wifi repeater and the lipo battery adapter i made for it and 2 upgraded antennas with it. That will get someone using just a phone out to around 1000 feet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.