Kinda Off topic - Osmo

Sorry to have hijacked this thread but hopefully this is helpful..
Today i did my first shoot with color set to "vivid".. Some of the shots were set to Auto exposure and some were on Manual.. I can say for sure it's no more "D-Log" or "NONE" color settings for me! I may have lost a little of my blacks but i don't care.. the footage was so close to what I wanted I barely had to do any correction at all.. Saved me hours in what I normally would have wasted fussing with color correcting.. I can see that that Manual is def. better than auto because in a few shots you can see the exposure adjusting/changing..
So for ME, "Vivid" and Manual exposure works best!

The iPhone footage looks best to me in that video. Which begs this debate... (and this is totally subjective). To me, videos I take with my iPhone 6s Plus look better than videos I take with my P3P and better than what I've seen using an Osmo (no, my iPhone can't take aerials, and I don't have a gimbal for my iPhone).

That being said, rather than getting an Osmo, why not just get a nice motorized gimbal that holds an iPhone? Something like this: iStabilizer Gimbal - Smartphone Video Stabilizer – iStabilizer
(there are cheaper ones)

i knew i wanted an osmo ever since i first flew a phantom with a gimbal. however, i ended up with a zhiyun Z1 smooth C 3-axis gimbal for my iphone. it's basically the same as the gimbal you've linked but at a much lower price point. it's been fantastic. initially, i had to reset my horizons for every power cycle which was annoying but updated firmware and a calibration fixed that. i was sold when i looked up reviews on it. i wanted a device that i could continue to use as i upgrade my phone every 1.5-2 years and i can use if for my little iphone5 or my larger iphone6+.

I have a OSMO and recently took it to Kenya! The thing is amazing because were on safari and the Rover is bouncing all over the place and the OSMO is smooth! I was convinced not to take my P3P but that was a mistake I really wish I had it!

<
I shot this video with the Osmo and Phanton 4. The Osmo takes practice but it's fun and delivers a great picture. Much like the Phantom, the more ND filters you have the better.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl