Kinda Off topic - Osmo

Reaction score
Sorry to be a little off topic. Just curious how many people out there are using an Osmo as well as a phantom 3 or 4 for video. Was thinking of adding one to my camera bag to replace my GoPro.

Anyone know if there is an Osmo refresh coming soon like the P4.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have one and its pretty cool.....I have two little girls so filming them is a lot of fun.

I been having my eyes on this recently I really like it but I just feel like a product refresh would be aroun d the corner.

Sorry to be a little off topic. Just curious how many people out there are using an Osmo as well as a phantom 3 or 4 for video. Was thinking of adding one to my camera bag to replace my GoPro.

Anyone know if there is an Osmo refresh coming soon like the P4.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
The Osmo is a great bit of kit to use alongside your Phantom for ground shots -(or as a stand-alone camera for general video)- , with rock steady stabilisation.

I don't know of any refresh in the pipeline, but there has just been a firmware update (v1.5.2.0) adding some useful features. See below.

DJI Releases New Firmware for the Inspire 1 and Osmo

So did you get it yet? Do you like it?
I just ordered mine a few minutes ago - should be here in a week.. I spent hours going over reviews for the Osmo and the Yuneec ActionCam.. I read a lot of bad reviews on the Osmos from people having issues, but still a small %% overall.. Hardly any reviews on the Yuneec, but a few mentioned the poor build-quality.. Seems like overall the Osmo is better-built so I went with it.

So did you get it yet? Do you like it?
I just ordered mine a few minutes ago - should be here in a week.. I spent hours going over reviews for the Osmo and the Yuneec ActionCam.. I read a lot of bad reviews on the Osmos from people having issues, but still a small %% overall.. Hardly any reviews on the Yuneec, but a few mentioned the poor build-quality.. Seems like overall the Osmo is better-built so I went with it.

I want to get one too. How is it? I need one to add to the bag so I can film inside of buildings and in crowds and on the ground.

Cool videos. How long does one second of time lapse video equate to elapsed time? Or, how does it work as far as, can you adjust that?

I bet it looks really cool in full HD. Why did it only go to 480p?

Where do you get your music from? Local source or somewhere online?

Havnt done time lapse yet with the Osmo..

Yes.. Looks better in full HD.. I don't know why it's only showing at 480P .. Probably because it's embedded..

I get most of my music from paid licensing services but I think both of those videos had music that came free with Final Cut Pro ..

I'll check you out in full HD.

I figured you integrated Osmo footage with P4 footage in the Labyrinth video.

It plays a lot better when I check view it in full HD on YouTube.

Now it allows me to view it in 1080p while embedded too. Not sure why it wasn't letting me earlier. Nice job.

The iPhone footage looks best to me in that video. Which begs this debate... (and this is totally subjective). To me, videos I take with my iPhone 6s Plus look better than videos I take with my P3P and better than what I've seen using an Osmo (no, my iPhone can't take aerials, and I don't have a gimbal for my iPhone).

That being said, rather than getting an Osmo, why not just get a nice motorized gimbal that holds an iPhone? Something like this: iStabilizer Gimbal - Smartphone Video Stabilizer – iStabilizer
(there are cheaper ones)

Are you viewing this in full HD or higher like it's intended to be viewed? Because it looks great on my UHD setup. And which part is iPhone? I didn't notice.

Are you in the market for a gimbal handheld for professional use? Using a phone and a gimbal may "work" but it's not convenient. I want to use my phone while I'm on site. Plus, what features are you losing?

Sell me the camera off your P3P or trade me my 2.7K for the 4K then. If you don't see the difference.

Last edited:
Yes, I viewed them all at the highest resolution you tube would show me.

For the desert video I assume the first two shots were taken with the iPhone. The aerials are obvious. The only Osmo shot I could tell was maybe the scene where the sky color was all purple and way off compared to the rest of the video (at the 1:20 mark?).

Like I said, it's subjective.

The iphone shots (on a tripod) were at :05-:15 and 1:32
Osmo shots were at :46 and 1:20

Any issue with color is due to my amateur color-correction (i'm still learning!)..The iphone only shoots in one color mode and does not need much correction. But I shoot the Osmo and P3A in "None", -2,-2,-2 and have to correct everything .. The sky at 1:20 isnt actually that far off. That was one of the first shots of the day and the sun was rising/very low on the horizon and there was a LOT of red .. But looking at it now I see your point that it is a bit on the purple side and it does not match up with the other shots. I think when I do my next shoot i'll try a preset color setting closer to what the iphone does (probably 'vivid') and see how it comes out. So basically, don't blame the Osmo for poor color - blame me..

Most of my videos are off-road/Jeeping videos (Look through my YouTube channel) and I use usually use 2-4 cameras.. I did consider a cheaper iphone stabilizer but I needed an additional camera so the Osmo fit the bill..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20