Killer RC Gimbal Saver for P3

Would you fit this instead of a gimbal guard that slots between the legs? I'm guessing not because am I right in thinking that this just helps protect the camera from coming off but if it had an impact the gimbal connection onto the plate could still snap/break. Do people usually fit both.
I use both! Small price for some peace of mind....

I just ordered the Killerrc gimbal saver and the UAVbits carbon fibre camera guard :) itll be a while before i get them though as my bro is shipping them over from the US - Adam

I use this.
http://www.djiphantomfix.com/
I had one for my P2 Vision +
Works great $22

After seeing this post about a week ago, I ordered the Phantom Fix Bracket 3 from www.DJIPhantomFix.com and it arrived yesterday. The included instructions were easy to follow and the installation was a breeze. This was a really inexpensive solution to this potential weakness with high quality construction, instructions and customer service. If you're looking for a bracket to protect your ribbon cable and gimbal, I'd recommend this one as well.

Chris

Can make that for 1$ and a drill lol

However, you'd need to take careful measurements and be able to bend it _exactly_ to specs (down to around 1mm). I'd guess for a "one off" it might take 2-3 hours to make if you got it right the first time. So you'd need to figure in 2-3 hours of your time (minimum) and perhaps more. Is that worth $22?

Bwahahahaha. Challenge accepted

Reactions: cmyk22
I've ordered the phantom 3 fix, it's not as nice looking as the killer rc gimbal saver but after watching a chap put both these options to the bend test the P3fix didn't bend whereas the Killer Rc one went pretty easily. I'm more about function rather than appearance, not like I need to care about its appearance when flying the skies.

Realizing that accidents can and do happen. I have installed both a carbon camera saver and a gimbal saver. The red cap is to keep me from taking off with the shipping plastic still attached.

Reactions: Adamation
Realizing that accidents can and do happen. I have installed both a carbon camera saver and a gimbal saver. The red cap is to keep me from taking off with the shipping plastic still attached.

I'm still waiting on mine (both saver and plate) but im happy to see that the camera saver looks like a nice sturdy plate - Adam

Read the instructions as their are 2 different size screws that hold on the plate. I was worried about the weight before I received the plate and clamp. It is very well made and goes on very tight. The clamp does not interfere with the gimbal.

Do you like this after you put it on? Was it easy to put on?

I have this gimbal protector from KillerRC. It was very easy to put on the P3. All in all, it took about three minutes to install. Clean look and a piece of mind in protecting my investment.

I should have bought one :-(

Attachments

• IMG_9776.JPG
    IMG_9776.JPG
    642.1 KB · Views: 331
I have the Killer RC gimbal saver and UAV Bits gimbal guard on my P3. Both are high quality pieces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.