Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Killed a Lipo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syotr, Oct 28, 2013.

1. syotr

I ruined one of my batteries (2200ma 3s) by leaving it hooked up to a small monitor overnight. The monitor was turned off and I assumed that it would not draw any current from the battery in that state. The battey was down to 4 volts and will not recharge. Just a warning to others not to make this mistake.

2. porl_hopkins

You could try to charge in on Nimh charge 0.2 amp for a small while. then try it on lipo balance

3. jumanoc

I use a battery voltage metter attached to the balance plug with my LCD monitor. (Also killed a LiPo :twisted: )

[​IMG]

4. rilot

Aye, I've done the same. Killed a 2200mah 3S in exactly the same way. The thing looked like a balloon.

5. syotr

Resurected!

Checked the voltage on this battery again before throwing it away and discovered that it was gaining some charge on its own. It had risen from 4 volts to 6. Tried charging it again and it came up to 7 volts. After leaving it on the charger at a high charge rate overnight, it is finally showing near full charge. It's pretty puffed up.
    I won't be flying with this battery but I will use it for my FPV monitor and receiver.