Kentucky man arrested for shooting down drone

Were you there? So how can you be so positive he's telling truth. You simply cannot.
Who he?
I'm not sure what you are asking.

The facts shall set you free....and set this thread right.

Adjudication withheld pending release of facts and details

That said, shooting a drone down will hopefully get him some serious fines and maybe his firearms taken away permanently. (Probably not in KY) But next time, dial 911 dope.

The shooter said he knew it was his neighbor's drone, and that they were also out in their yard, so why didn't he just try talking to them?
Why try to solve this problem with a gun when just a few words might do the job?

That, plus the fact that no one mentions this, has me worried about our society.

correct, but if the homeowner is telling the truth, the drone hung out above the house/pool for a more than briefly.

my deductive reasoning tells me teenager looking at teenage girl by the pool with FPV.

however, i could be wrong. it's happened once or twice to me :p

Were you there? So how can you be so positive he's telling truth. You simply cannot.

I have never flown over the neighborhood but probably will someday when I have more confidence in the machine and my piloting skills. There is some wetlands and a creek at the end of my street that would offer some good views. That being said, I would avoid back yards and fly high and keep moving in an attempt to not upset the neighbors. The guy was a fool for shooting the thing down in the city. There is a video on youtube of a guy flying is drone at 2 or 3 in the morning over an industrial area of Las Vegas drawing gunfire from a 24 hour auto repair shop.

The shooter said he knew it was his neighbor's drone, and that they were also out in their yard, so why didn't he just try talking to them?
Why try to solve this problem with a gun when just a few words might do the job?

That, plus the fact that no one mentions this, has me worried about our society.

And where's your proof it was a neighbor?? Were you there??

I think its Kentucky, the state that seceded from the Union after the Civil War.

I think most people are missing the obvious answers. The home owner was charged with a crime. No indication that the drone operator was charged with any crime at this time. So the legal issues are obvious at this time. Do we now want to discuss the moral or "right" and "wrong" issues? Why does that really matter as we'd just be talking about opinions.

I think most people are missing the obvious answers. The home owner was charged with a crime. No indication that the drone operator was charged with any crime at this time. So the legal issues are obvious at this time. Do we now want to discuss the moral or "right" and "wrong" issues? Why does that really matter as we'd just be talking about opinions.
Yet. It's just a matter of time before someone is charged because of flying in the neighborhood. Trespassing? Stalking? Peeping Tom? Reckless flying? Endangering the public? There are many laws already on the books.

Yet. It's just a matter of time before someone is charged because of flying in the neighborhood. Trespassing? Stalking? Peeping Tom? Reckless flying? Endangering the public? There are many laws already on the books.
I think we would all understand that you have little right of privacy in public and only a little more in your backyard.

I agree that there are many laws on the books that can easily address this situation as they can be enforced against the operator being under local jurisdiction, but there are some issues also in question. Can a person come onto the property and look over your fence? In most cases, no. If I can see inside your yard without being on your property than this is most likely perfectly legal. A drone does create a bit of a problem in that it now allows anyone the vantage point to see inside of someone's yard.

Right now about the only thing on the homeowners side is that they have a right to use their property as it was intended. If they could show that the drone was low enough to stop them from reasonable use than they might have a good case. However, it appears that the drone was high enough as not to create an issue... the homeowner just did not like that someone could see his daughters outside in swimsuits.

IMHO, the people that are so against the drone operator and for the homeowner probably don't understand the laws. Truth is, if your daughter is in public and chooses to wear a bikini than I have every right to stare at her all I want. I'm not saying I would or its moral, but I do have a right.

.......... Right now about the only thing on the homeowners side is that they have a right to use their property as it was intended..............
Hmmmm....... all good questions. But he was no longer on his "property", he was at some altitude up in the sky. The domain of the FAA. I'm not taking either's side, as I posted above. But if he was parked up there solely to "peek" at the bikini-clad teenage girl, he's getting pretty close to violating her privacy. She wasn't in "public", she was in her back yard. Yes, drones are now going to cause a closer look at current laws, and some will have to be adjusted.

IMHO, the people that are so against the drone operator and for the homeowner probably don't understand the laws. Truth is, if your daughter is in public and chooses to wear a bikini than I have every right to stare at her all I want. I'm not saying I would or its moral, but I do have a right.
Correct. But she wasn't "in public". Anyway, a good conversation about new technology is always good.

Fools, both of them. Why anyone wants to create problems by flying in and over their neighborhood is beyond me! Stop it!! And the fool that shot at it.................. how can you get to be that age and NOT know that you can't just shoot off a firearm inside most city limits like that?! We're on the downhill slide, ladies and gents. No turning this ignorant population around.

There is no right and wrong reasons to shoot at a drone being that its a few federal offense to shot at ANY aircraft maned or un maned and even if the drone was spying on any one which it wasn't. So one dont get to shoot a drone looking at them any more then they would be allowed to shoot at a person in a car taking pictures of them. There is no legal defense for it whats so ever unless a drone was physically attacking some one and putting them in risk of life or lime. Then it would be fair game if they had to kill the drone to save there life in an act of self defense.

Tho I hope the paranoid nut bag who should not be owning guns if hes going to shoot at a drone enjoyed it and I hope he kissed his guns good bye cause once he gets a few of the felony use of a fire arm while in the commission of a felony which in its self is one more felony on top of terrorism charges for shooting at any air craft.. He can kiss his guns and his 2nd amendment rights to own fire arms bye bye. and the cost to reimburse the owner is going to be the least of his problems when hes also in a cell with some new boy friend named bubba ..

and as a gun owner and super advocate for almost unrestricted fire arms rights to thos that are law abiding gun owners I hope they throw the book at him cause its *** clowns like him that get to get dragged out on the news to collectively punish all gun owners as if we all were there and help this assclown pull the trigger. and he just helped help give the anti gun crazy's more ammo they will use to help them erode decent responsible peoples gun rights.

Even if the video on the phone validates the trespass charge, shooting it down is the greater crime. The homeowner should have simply called the police.

And that's the truth of it, it's simply outrageous that the weapon was discharged in such a dangerous way, for so many reasons.

This one is wasn't hard at all.

There is no right and wrong reasons to shoot at a drone being that its a few federal offense to shot at ANY aircraft maned or un maned and even if the drone was spying on any one which it wasn't. So one dont get to shoot a drone looking at them any more then they would be allowed to shoot at a person in a car taking pictures of them. There is no legal defense for it whats so ever unless a drone was physically attacking some one and putting them in risk of life or lime. Then it would be fair game if they had to kill the drone to save there life in an act of self defense.

Tho I hope the paranoid nut bag who should not be owning guns if hes going to shoot at a drone enjoyed it and I hope he kissed his guns good bye cause once he gets a few of the felony use of a fire arm while in the commission of a felony which in its self is one more felony on top of terrorism charges for shooting at any air craft.. He can kiss his guns and his 2nd amendment rights to own fire arms bye bye. and the cost to reimburse the owner is going to be the least of his problems when hes also in a cell with some new boy friend named bubba ..

and as a gun owner and super advocate for almost unrestricted fire arms rights to thos that are law abiding gun owners I hope they throw the book at him cause its *** clowns like him that get to get dragged out on the news to collectively punish all gun owners as if we all were there and help this assclown pull the trigger. and he just helped help give the anti gun crazy's more ammo they will use to help them erode decent responsible peoples gun rights.
Since you quoted my post, I'll say again that I was not supporting the shooter. Idiotic thing to do.

as jason likes to say...

were you there?

how do you know this?

Yes this is a tough one to talk about right or wrongs, I'm not seeing anywhere we can take a moral stand myself.
The O P ask what we thought of it.

I thought the flying thing was to high to notice very much and a man shot it down or at it and that was very bad of him and he should have all his loud toys removed asap
:)

Yes and the loud man was wrong and I see no problem at all with the thing in the sky, it's actually made to hover, gods honour judge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20