Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Keeping your tablet tray from slipping

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Stacy Cobb, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Stacy Cobb

2. sjp0eqt

I am game for any toys and trinkets but this looks like the solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
    While I agree the stock plastic tablet mount is not that sturdy, the best approach is to replace it with an aluminum version.
    By adding another pivot point would seem to add to the problem and if you still have the plastic mount, there you are.

upload_2016-8-12_21-31-46.png

3. drag line

I just bought Stacy's sun shade and the new industrial rotor mount and this thing is built like a rock. I have two less things to worry about now. the sun and the chance of my tablet slipping or falling off completely. I went through the process of making my own with black foam core and was very fragile and was afraid my Ipad mini 2 was going to fall and break. I am off tomorrow to Fall Creek Falls state park to try my new shade. Just wanted to say thanks to Stacy from building 2 great products

4. sjp0eqt

REALLY . . . .Come on man !!

You have one single post touting "Stacy's products". I know, and you know what's up here !?!?

Thanks for contributing.

mikesmiley and dtviewer like this.
  5. leskent

Hi where to get an aluminum mount from?

6. drag line

Wow, why must there be haters on every forum. True this is my first post on this forum, But I wanted to respond to a product that I bought and was very pleased with. This was a unsolicited response about what I think is a great item. True its a little on the expensive side but if you want quality it tends to cost more. Don't judge someone that you know nothing about and accuse them of posting a fake response. The sun shade I bought works great. I did not get to go to where I wanted today so I slid down to the lake close by just to see how well it worked and was very pleased. I hope the others that read this think it is what it is. Someone that happen to find a good item and wanted to let others know about it. Don't judge someone till you have walked in their shoes

#6 drag line, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  7. aaronplant

I too have purchased an industrial rotor mount from aerialdroneaccessories (the company Stacy Cobb works for) and I am awaiting delivery to the UK currently. This product has had nothing but great reviews online and I am looking forward to rating it here when it arrives. Purports to be one of the best quality mounts available, and I have also ordered an iPad sunshade from the same company. Can't wait to try it. Glad people are promoting good products, and isn't that the point of a forum? To share advice and experiences? I hate haters. They have nothing better to do obviously and ought to be 'moderated' off. Just my opinion! Thanks for a great forum and people sharing valuable advice and tips. Long may it continue.

Sent from my 8079 using PhantomPilots mobile app

8. dtviewer

Amazing...this happens every time there is discussion of one of Stacy's products....

9. dtviewer

That's interesting...the product was announced here on Friday...the youtube video for it was put up Friday...Stacy's website says it will ship 'within 10-15 days of ordering' and you not only already have it, but also discovered this site with in 2 days of it being announced to post your first posts ever about how great it is.
    Sounds exactly like the posts on the threads about Stacy's sun shades.

HWCM and mikesmiley like this.
  10. dtviewer

Could you please share where the 'nothing but great reviews' you have seen are?
    I would love to read them.
    Thanks

HWCM and MasterBlaster like this.
  11. sjp0eqt

12. skipilot1

Look around on Amazon. You will find an aluminum bracket with two holes. The second hole is higher up and the RC balances much better. I use an Inspire harness with it and I can hand launch no problem. I also noticed that having the aluminum bracket, for some reason, holds the tablet mount much tighter. I don't have a problem any longer with the tablet slipping. It looks like the Rotor Tray mount just isn't needed and I don't know that it will fold down to the same profile and slip into my DJI backpack.

13. RocketBrew

14. skipilot1

15. drag line

Actually I ordered this sun shade on Sept. 18 and received it last week. If you go to his web sight the updated you tube video was up and running a few weeks ago. I have actually been on this sight for months reading post everyday just not had the reason to post. I saw his post about the new bracket and thought I would leave my opinion. This is why a lot of people don't post because there are posters who want to question or belittle others peoples post. Unless you have something to say that is helpful please don't answer at all

16. NoWheels498

I have one of those type too. Very solid side-side and no tilting of the air2

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

17. dtviewer

I do have something helpful to say.
    I think its helpful to the community to point out spam posts when we see them.
    Every time Stacy's product is mentioned brand new posters suddenly pop up with posts praising the products like they were the greatest thing ever.
    Funny that this even includes posts where the posters cant even have the product yet and claims that there are 'nothing but great reviews online' for a product that was just announced.

So yea, I believe it is helpful to point out these deceptive marketing spam posts.

HWCM and mikesmiley like this.
  18. mikesmiley

I have this bracket, and couldn't be happier with it. I like the wide footprint of the base. No wobbles at all. I highly recommend it.

The funny, sad, and (coincidental to this thread) thing about that, is that a person associated with that website was banned from from this forum for pretending to be a satisfied customer and promoting the bracket in nearly every one of her posts.

In other words, she was a shill, got caught, and was rightfully banned.

dtviewer likes this.
  19. dtviewer

Ahh...the plot thickens.....

HWCM likes this.
  20. HWCM

This would make fitting your remote in a custom molded case impossible.
    I have not read anywhere where there is a slippage problem. All you need to do is tighten a screw. It will tighten so tight that you can not move the tablet without breaking something.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app