Keeping my drone in the car?

Reaction score
I probably already know the answer to this question, but is it OK to keep my drone and batteries stored in the trunk of my car during summer?

I travel a lot, and like to keep it in there just in case I get the opportunity or see something worth filling. But I do worry that the heat would cause damage to either the drone or battery. Any thoughts?

It's not okay if it's hot during the summer where you live. It's safest to keep the batteries at room temperature.

Check out the Battery Safety Guidelines for more details on storing the batteries.

Here's why that would be a foolish idea...

RoOSTA

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes you can keep it in the car but you should keep your car running with the A/C on. :p

Reactions: BigAl07
I had mine stored in one of those black plastic cases in the car. The next day I was surprised the drone and batteries were still quite warm (I live in the desert area and it gets up to 105 easily.). The battery showed 78% when I took off and I charged it full the day prior to putting it in the car. Flight was shortened too. They still charge well and fully after that event so I don't know if the life has been shortened overall.

I thought the foam case would keep it cool, but seems it turns into a long storage oven. Probably one of those aluminum cases or even white would be better than black.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik