Keep v2+ or not

Reaction score
After reading the stories on how people have broken the camera ribbon and how much It cost to repair, I'm thinking I may change and go with a phantom 2 with go pro.
Would it be as good the v2+

All I've ever owed with V2+ and FPV is huge. I Phantom + GoPro doesn't give you that then that seems like s show stopper.

I didn't know you couldn't do fpv with the phantom 2.
I love fpv I just don't want to break the ribbon and have to pay £500 plus for the new gimbal and camera, guess I'll have to be careful.
I absolutly love my p2v+

Your going to hear a lot horror stories here. But I think the majority of the problems are self inflicted.

Yeah I guess so. I've had mine for a month or so now and love it and I've just done the 1st update since receiving it and have got it on naza mode and I'm hoping to get out to fly tomorrow weather permitting

GoPro and gimbal of some kind is not a foolproof alternative.
They can fail and give plenty of their own problems. If it crashes hard the replacement costs for both won't be that much less.
As above FPV is a further separate item you would miss - more expense and unlikely to give as good performance with basic kit.

On the plus side the GoPro is significantly better video quality, and could be used in other situations.

Its my understanding that you can do FPV just as well as the P2V+ but you lose some functionality to start and stop the camera.

I have a P2V+ and really like it but have the same ribbon cable concern. I don't like the idea of having only 1 part to replace at at cost of $680 US.

I would rather have option to replace a Go Pro or Gimbal.

4wd said:
They can fail and give plenty of their own problems. If it crashes hard the replacement costs for both won't be that much less.
As above FPV is a further separate item you would miss - more expense and unlikely to give as good performance with basic kit.

On the plus side the GoPro is significantly better video quality, and could be used in other situations.

Yeah I guess it's gonna cost me which ever root I go down so I may aswell stay with the v2+

4wd said:

I really get irked with the gopro is so great, yes if your a professional it is better , but for the average person the + is great. Plus you can take stills with it. I'm more than happy with my videos.
I had a gopro 3 on my 450 and it was so buggy I got rid of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20