Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Keep mavic on order or get phantom 3

Discussion in 'Mavic Discussion' started by bluntandrew, Oct 8, 2016.

1. bluntandrew

I have owned a phantom 3 advanced and then sold it and now I'm going to get back into flying again, so my question is should I leave the mavic on pre order and just wait or should I get another phantom 3 and save $400-$500 because I just fly for fun

2. SKOLEZ

I was facing the same question and decided to go with the Mavic Pro primarily because of the portability, but also because of the added features. I know I like to hike and don't want to have to carry around something as large as the Phantom 3. But it depends on how you are going to use it. If I were going to use it out of my car every time I would probably save the money and buy the Phantom 3.

3. bluntandrew

I'm thinking I should just keep the mavic but the big thing that concerns me is it's new and it's bound to have problems

4. SKOLEZ

I can agree with you there, at the launch of a new product there is always a risk for defects, however DJI's track record of excellent products and the number of youtubers that have received an early one has convinced me enough to pre-order one. Besides, If something comes up with the initial release I can always cancel my order on amazon before the item is shipped since mine won't come til some time in November.