keep losing signal!

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im getting quite frustrated at my phantom 3 standard now. Took it out on first flight tuesday....connection lost after drone was at only 150 feet and only about 30 to 40 feet distance away!

Today i couldnt even get it above 50 feet and it was losing signal and disconnecting from the app. Couldnt even initiate a return to home.

As you can.imagine this is frustrating me a lot as it was £650! Any ideas??

Both times i took off from housing estates.....

I want to take it 400 feet and be able to travel distance without losing signal. Please help me

Thanks all

Doyle

Hi everyone

Im getting quite frustrated at my phantom 3 standard now. Took it out on first flight tuesday....connection lost after drone was at only 150 feet and only about 30 to 40 feet distance away!

Today i couldnt even get it above 50 feet and it was losing signal and disconnecting from the app. Couldnt even initiate a return to home.

As you can.imagine this is frustrating me a lot as it was £650! Any ideas??

Both times i took off from housing estates.....

I want to take it 400 feet and be able to travel distance without losing signal. Please help me

Thanks all

Doyle
when you say signal are you talking video feed or transmitter feed. if its video feed try a new location and see if that help because sometime when there is a lot of wifi around it interfere with the phantom signal, i was flying by a hotel couple weeks ago and i was losing connection when it was only around 40 feet away but other from that day i never really had any problem of such

when you say signal are you talking video feed or transmitter feed. if its video feed try a new location and see if that help because sometime when there is a lot of wifi around it interfere with the phantom signal, i was flying by a hotel couple weeks ago and i was losing connection when it was only around 40 feet away but other from that day i never really had any problem of such

Its more the video feed. It starts fine....flies up to say 50 feet or more.....then the gps status changes to weak signal....then it occasionally loses signal completely and the status bar goes grey and says disconnected. At this point i can stilll control the drone but a return to home cant be initiated....sometimes even if i turn off the controller....the failsafe rth still doesnt kick in.

Maybe its because of the built up area im taking off in then. I couldnt get any more than 8 satellites today where i was.

I still hope that when i take it out in the countryside that it performs better due to less wifi from houses.

Ive heard about reconnecting the RC...maybe that will help?

Thanks mate

Doyle

Its more the video feed. It starts fine....flies up to say 50 feet or more.....then the gps status changes to weak signal....then it occasionally loses signal completely and the status bar goes grey and says disconnected. At this point i can stilll control the drone but a return to home cant be initiated....sometimes even if i turn off the controller....the failsafe rth still doesnt kick in.

Maybe its because of the built up area im taking off in then. I couldnt get any more than 8 satellites today where i was.

I still hope that when i take it out in the countryside that it performs better due to less wifi from houses.

Ive heard about reconnecting the RC...maybe that will help?

Thanks mate

Doyle
That sounds really bad. Try reconnecting the controller as they suggested and see if that help if not I would send it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds really bad. Try reconnecting the controller as they suggested and see if that help if not I would send it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Took it out at weekend to countryside it performed much better! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers