Reaction score
Once in a few years when the signs are just right and the river Daugava in Latvia can't handle spring's meltwater the floodplains of river Dviete fill up and turn into a paradise for birds and adventure seekers. Many use this rare opportunity to jump into their kayaks and paddle through forests and fields that are otherwise occupied by wild horses and taurine cattle.

Had a blast going on this adventure and flying my Phantom 4 Pro+ as well (and some gimbal work with my Sony A6500 as well). This did include some sketchy launches right from the kayak in the middle of the floodplain, but had no problems flying over the reflective water once I managed to lift off without crashing into the water. I did get stuck between the trees once due to the sensors freaking out. The drone even started to ascend on its own at one point and almost crashed into the branches above it. Had to turn off the sensors to get out of the trap.

Love the built-in screen though, no need to handle extra devices, cables and the visibility in the Sun is great. For adventure filmmaking this is more important than the screen size and third party apps.

Shot in the new d-log profile by overexposing a bit (like I do with any log camera) and graded in DaVinci Resolve.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan