Karma is Coming

If it's a full-fledged Hero 5, I must say I'm impressed, especially for the price point. I can't tell yet if that's a full Hero 5.

My Osmo alone was $650. 'Nuf said.

Just watching the video of the Karma and I must say, it's a versatile system, transferring from flying to handheld to mounted. It was a 5 minute video that focused on all those aspects though so never got a lot of details on just the drone. Looks like you get the drone for 799.99 with the Osmo style handheld and the Hero 5 is available Spring 2017.

No way that library is filmed with a quad. Unless the big breakthrough is some sort of alien technology that allows 100% quiet, 100% windless power plant. Star Trek stuff? lol. That video was total smoke and total mirrors!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Completely agree. Even with the VW teaser, you don't see any gravel or dirt lifting up off the ground. No way those were shot with a quad.

Price point is good, the whole thing in one backpack, it's growing on me... and I already have a GoPro! (Who doesn't)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They did it, and the price point is an amazing deal from what I can tell. $799 for Karma, FPV controller, handle, backpack or $999 with Hero 5 Session or $1099 with Hero 5 Black. WOW.

I just bought a Hero4 Black this last week for $379 at Sams and thought that was a great deal. Thinking 5 would be over $500. Then they release Hero 5 Black at $399, amazing. They have to do it to compete with the Chinese crap out there.

I'm not crying too much, as I needed the Hero 4 Black to fit in my Zenmuse.

Voice control on the new Hero 5 Black and Session is money! I would love that in so many situations. They did a great job with the launch.

One simple yet attractive feature is the Passenger App, that would be great for sharing with friends when we fly.

If it's a full-fledged Hero 5, I must say I'm impressed, especially for the price point. I can't tell yet if that's a full Hero 5.

Yeah, the videos do look pretty good. I like the removable gyro stabilizer. That alone is listed at $300.US and the Hero5 Black (looks like only 1 flavor so far from their site) is $399. Makes sense to spend $300 more for a full kit at $1099.US.

So far for me...

Pros:
- Removable gyro stabilizer that can be handheld or mounted
- Removable Hero5 camera. Shoot drone one morning then off snorkeling later without having to carry two sets of single use cameras.
- Front mounted camera ahead of the props means no more prop videos.
- Slim in-line camera profile means truer POV without having to be more critical of height of landing gear and prop clearance in tight quarters.
- Folds up into compact backpack which is included.
- Supports dual controlers ie one person can fly, the other can control the camera using the GoPro Passenger App.
- Lighter weight. 10006g vs 1280g on P3A
- Built in LCD display in the remote

Cons:
- Small 5" LCD display built into remote with 720p res
- Max distance 1000m
- Four items to charge ie drone battery (1hr), controller battery (2.5hrs), gyro stabilizer grip (2hrs), Hero camera battery.
- No proximity sensors or VPS systems

Unknown:
- Programmable flight modes like Follow Me, Waypoint, POI etc?
- GPS only mode flying?
- Sattellite maps?
???

Guess we'll have to wait for someone's detailed review when it comes out.

It does have the 4 programmable flight modes, cable cam, dronie, reveal and orbit.

They did it, and the price point is an amazing deal from what I can tell. $799 for Karma, FPV controller, handle, backpack or $999 with Hero 5 Session or $1099 with Hero 5 Black. WOW.

I just bought a Hero4 Black this last week for $379 at Sams and thought that was a great deal. Thinking 5 would be over $500. Then they release Hero 5 Black at $399, amazing. They have to do it to compete with the Chinese crap out there.

I'm not crying too much, as I needed the Hero 4 Black to fit in my Zenmuse.

Voice control on the new Hero 5 Black and Session is money! I would love that in so many situations. They did a great job with the launch.

Would you clarify the portion I highlighted, please? Zenmuse make a handle that works with GoPro's??? Link please. I can't find it and I've never seen one.

EDIT: I found it. I thought you were talking about a complete handle. I guess what you're talking about works with the old Phantoms and 350QX's.

Last edited:
The other thread is clarifying a lot of points, guys. You may want to take a look over there. It's in the General Discussion forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers