Kansas City, MO The Thunderbirds

Reaction score
If anyone is in the Kansas City area and wants to fly come fly with us.

We have a flying field in Sugar creek Mo la Benite park we meet at the rivers gate intrance.

Just saw this. I fly out in Olathe, KS. I know there are a bunch of DJI guys in KC but I never know who is on which forum. Anyway, I would love to meet up and fly sometime. I only have a lowly modded up FC40 however it's only my first 'legitimate' quad.

Olathe is definitely closer to me. Soon i'll be living in Spring Hill, so that makes the commute even better. PM me and i'll shoot you my email/contact info.

Kansas City , mo

We are getting together this weekend to fly. Saturday or Sunday maybe both days. We will be flying at line creek park in Kansas City mo. If anyone is interested call me 816-728-8757 my name is Craig.

Well we couldn't wait we are flying friday from 12:00 till Dark. We are flying at line creek park Kansas City, MO

Hey I am out in Topeka, KS and would love to meet up and fly. Follow me on twitter @droneacrossks . So I can stay up on when your meeting up.

Awesome! I haven't met up with the guys up north yet but I would like to sometime. I am going to try and fly from up on the tower at Shawnee Mission Park in Lenexa, KS this weekend if the wind stays calm. Should be some good fun!

Let me add my name / contact info to this thread. I live in Topeka...(maybe the name was a giveaway?)..and have had a Phantom 2 Vision since last fall. I had about 2 dozen successful and fun flights before the weather got too bad and I pretty much stayed huddled by the fire...

My primary interest in UAV's is for photography...in fact, a big factor in my purchase of a Phantom was due to an article in Outdoor Photography magazine and my immediate reaction was..."I GOTTA get one of those.!!" I bought mine through Amazon, but I sure wish I had checked and learned that Hobby Haven sells them there. I like to support local shops when I can, even though I have NO complaints at all with my Amazon purchase. I did write a review for them a few weeks after I got my Phantom and that review is at:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RZJ7YGVLAT ... tore=photo

And...as long as I'm posting my Phantom Adventures...here is a link to a video I did not long after I got my quad. This was done on Thanksgiving morning when things would be very inactive and no people around to see if...or when....I messed up. I had a lot of fun both shooting the video clips with my new 'toy' as well as editing the short film that shows some of Topeka.

http://blueribbonphotos.smugmug.com/Phantom

I'm not sure when or if, I'll be able to get to one of your flying fests in KC, but it's good to know about others in this area.

Me and a friend from work fly in a few different places around Leavenworth County. Ive had my quad since last fall and my friend got his last xmas. Loved to meet up with some of you sometime and go flying.

I live in Weston, MO and have had my Phantom for 2 days - got the bug bad. I'd love to meet up with more experienced pilots and fly some and learn a lot.

i just got my P2 last week, I've been flying everyday i can. due to the weather recently i wasn't able to fly, btw this thing does awesome in high winds. Id love to meet up in the KC area to do some flying and talk to some local quad flyers, i can't wait to meet some new people.

please post the next fly date, time, location!! ill be there

Just wanted to see if anyone is still getting together? I have been flying my P2 for several months now and always looking for new places to fly. I travel to K.C. often.

I am North of KC, so it is a ways to Leavenworth, but maybe on a nice weekend we could get together. I would like to see some other Phantom pilots.
Dan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4