k-index is at 4 watch out for your satellite coverage

Reaction score
Lads my k-index app has reached 4 for the first time in a few months so be careful and keep an extra eye on your satellite coverage just in case it goes above 5. Solar flares must be about.

Maybe nothing to worry about, it could jump back to level 1 in a few mins but just a friendly warning to any flyers dont know aboit this. When the k-index goes above 5 it means the likes of solar flare activity is high and can disrupt gps signals meaning your bird could lose sight of a sat or 2 and go into atti mode withoit you realising. There are apps for android and ios. Just search for them. Mine is so simple it doesnt even have an Interface it just updates the k-index number in the corner of my phone the whole time and refreshes every 30 mins

So that's what it's called, lol. I kinda needed one of those since Wunderground doesn't show it.

What's the app name and is it on the iOS store? :lol:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Lads my k-index app has reached 4 for the first time in a few months so be careful and keep an extra eye on your satellite coverage just in case it goes above 5. Solar flares must be about.

You know what's weird? I noticed that yesterday and on the spur of the moment decided to take my P2V with me to the golf course where I golf with a couple of friends on Tuesdays... We finished early enough that I was able to take her up and give her a good workout. I totally forgot about the index... :shock: :shock: :shock:

She flew absolutely perfectly. She held a nice tight hover and I used the "ground station" app to show one of the guys what it could do. Flawless... :? So... I'm not sure I'm going to be overly concerned about this index in the future... I had nine sats where I usually struggle to get seven... 3.06 has been such a NICE stable change... :D

-slinger

I wouldn't worry about it too much either mate but I'll keep an extra eye on my sats when she gets up that high just in case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20