K-index = 6 today.....I won't be flying

Reaction score
Guys if you're planning on flying today be extra careful, you might even want to sit today out the K-index is extremely high today at 6.
Just FYI

I wouldn't worry about it one bit. This pops up a few times a year on this site and nobody ever has problems. I purposely go out and fly when its high and have never once seen a problem. I've been out when it been at levels 7 and 8. It's been a big myth over the years.

I know a lot of people talk about the K-index, but is this really even a problem? I don't recall anyone ever concluding they crashed because the K-index was high that day.

Reactions: Meta4
What's a problem is seeing the Hover app advertising logo in between threads on the phantom pilot app. I touch it almost everyday by accident and get sent to the App Store for an app I already have!!!!

How many members are in here, 30k?
And not one single reported incident. It's a myth that will continue.

So to be clear....the conclusion is that K-index numbers mean absolutely nothing in this world of RCing?
Yep absolutely nothing as far as many of us have been seeing, testing and saying for a long while. It's just a myth that doesn't seem to want to go away for some reason. Honestly it isn't a problem at all.

Reactions: louforgiveno
So to be clear....the conclusion is that K-index numbers mean absolutely nothing in this world of RCing?

K-index is like a condom... as long as you have it around you should be safe even if you don't use it..... wait.... that can't be right....

Reactions: louforgiveno
My theory is that if we ever reach a point where the K index affects Phantoms it will have effected many other electronic items also and we would know it was a problem. So far, so good. ;)

My theory is that if we ever reach a point where the K index affects Phantoms it will have effected many other electronic items also and we would know it was a problem. So far, so good. ;)

I heard the W index is also bad for your Phantom... you should not use the W index to clean your Phantom or other electronics... soap and water is usually preferred. ;)

My thoughts too exactly, too many things get blown put of proportion like solar flares and bird flu ;)

It's just one of those 'cyclic' topics that pops up now and again.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Like when a new phantom is released and the huge influx of "Why would they make CSC possible"
What is a CSC. Can I get one for my drone? Has it been tested?[emoji6]

Maybe we should start a petition to
What is a CSC. Can I get one for my drone? Has it been tested?[emoji6]
You already have it! It is a built in hidden feature! Go ahead & test it out. All the cool kids are using it! o_O

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj