just went 9/10th of a mile (4967ft) with stock PV2!

Reaction score
i couldn't believe it! But I did it yesterday...charged all battery's up and replace RC batteries and BAM busted it out.

I uploaded the complete vid and it is long...but I reach the 4100 and loose fpv at 7.25 and the bird spins and comes home. This is over some really dense forest...I was nervous...

when the bird turns around you really get a sense of how far out this **** thing was....

I also removed the fish eye on the vid also

link below

http://youtu.be/jtvby_hcnfI

Re: just went 3/4 of a mile (4100ft) with stock PV2!

just beat my personal record and went 4300 ft in distance at around 680 in height...I am just pumped about this bird...the range out of the box is unreal! :shock:

Re: just went 3/4 of a mile (4300ft) with stock PV2!

here is the 4967ft vid... now this is what i am talking bout.....we have a very overcast evening and the footage shows it...link below....this time I go into the field...I dont think i can go farther in stock config in my area...

http://youtu.be/MpHkCeZHhX0

You must not have any other wifi interference in that area. LOL can you even get internet way out there?

Depending on the area I'm in I have gotten between 750ft-1350ft.

I have not had a change to try it a place as unpopulated as you.

we have wifi networks everywhere from the neighborhoods....the area that i am flying is in front of my house...the area behind me is heavily populated and I am only 5 miles from the city. It is not as remote as it looks. but the direction i go with the drone is remote if it ever goes down...no need to look for it...to vast.

The reason most of my vids are this direction is i never knew all that existed so i use the field and river as marker points for distance so when i do mod the drone i can judge how good it is doing. What i want is to be above to go this far and be 50 ft over the trees and make to the road at the end of the field......

I consistently get over a mile in every direction from my house as long as there is clear LOS and not even a tree branch in the way.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ovlIlfjD4[/youtube]..

I haven't even bothered to try to go higher than 2,000 feet.. it's high enough for my comfort, lol.. and further than a mile in my area is just not necessary... I'm uber happy at what I can do with it stock!

line of sight is KEY! To get as far as I have I have to sit at open window on my 2nd floor of my house,about 14ft higher than the ground...but i means alot in line of sight. I think i if could get on top of the house I could reach that mile! LMFAO! :mrgreen:

i am not flying high altitude......how high were you flying to go a mile?

i just used Google Distance Measurement Tool and realized that i went much farther than what i thought...4967 feet!

My Pv2+ is stock out of the box...I just have it in FE Mode..simple unreal the power of this tool

Attachments

• phantom record small.jpg
    phantom record small.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 662
Is that right out of the box or do you have to change the limits with the assistant software?

what settings are you using, I do use ProDAD but the export takes forever for a reason....

okay...

I just completed my 40th flight and this one was cool! I touched the sky! I was really just flying at treetop level and decided to go as high as it would go...

My assent begin sat 1:40 and took her into the clouds
and then let it return home with camera pointed straight down....so the grey screen is not a bad video but clouds. was hoping to break through but it didnt happen...but the descent back through the clouds gave a cool looking angle

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEwajiGmVbU[/youtube]

r0ot5 said:
What did you use to remove the fish eye effect?

If you edit in After Fx, or in Premiere using the Adobe Dynamic Link to replace it with an After Fx composition, you can use the CC lens effect. I set it up to around 240 (the slider cos from -500 to +500) and it seems to do the trick for the P2V+ camera.
It also seems Premiere on Windows have a lens correction filter that the mac os vesion is lacking, so depending on what system you use you might be able to skip the After Fx part. :)

Bless !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4