Just waiting to short-circuit and then what will happen?

Reaction score
This is how my video wires looks like:
short.jpg

This is the text taken from the manual:
Make sure the working current of the wireless video transmission module you connect can work with an
operational voltage between 11.1V~12.6V and the total working current of the iOSD and wireless video
transmission module is under 2A, as an overcurrent will damage the central board’s components. If the
total current exceeds 2A, please be sure to provide power supplied from a separate power source for the
wireless video transmission module

This means that when + and - short-circuit (only a matter of time if you don't do anything about it) you exceeds 2A and will damage the central board’s components.....and then what will happen, if you are in the air and the small vibrations make is short-circuit??

Please tell me that I'm wrong about this.

Re: Just waiting to shortcut and then what will happen..flya

Cr8tive_leo said:
It won't short.(it's not shortcut)

Ok... sorry my bad english.
If I just slide my finger over the wires as it is now, it will short-circuit!

Either clip a tiny bit off the ends to keep the conductors behind the edge of the insulation, or pull the wires apart from each other a little bit and put electrical tape on the ends. Or, open your Phantom and unplug that cable from the main board.

OI Photography said:
Either clip a tiny bit off the ends to keep the conductors behind the edge of the insulation, or pull the wires apart from each other a little bit and put electrical tape on the ends. Or, open your Phantom and unplug that cable from the main board.

Thanks.
Well it is easy to fix, but the real issue is that, this is how it looks on my new Phantom, and it could lead to at short-circuit. But what about the phantoms where it is worse and WILL lead to a short circuit at some point?? Is this the flyaway problem? (Or one of them).

This wire is not hard connected to the board. Take the cover off and simply disconnect the wire from the board. Keep it in case you want to add a fpv system in the future.

If you do not want to unplug the cable from the inside of the Phantom.
Can just use small pieces of heat shrink on each wire then use a larger piece over the whole bundle and be done

jangermann said:
OI Photography said:

Thanks.
Well it is easy to fix, but the real issue is that, this is how it looks on my new Phantom, and it could lead to at short-circuit. But what about the phantoms where it is worse and WILL lead to a short circuit at some point?? Is this the flyaway problem? (Or one of them).

I doubt a short circuit from that would cause a true flyaway, but perhaps a crash.

Most P2's ship with that wire cut such that the conductors aren't exposed like that...your pic is the first time I've seen them left like that.

I send the picture to DJI.
If mine looks like this, there will for sure be a lot like this, and maybe even worse.
Anyway if it can cause a crash or a flyaway, then it as a big problem!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers