Just Uploaded The New Phantom 2 Non-Vision Firmware. NOT!

Reaction score
Well January has come and gone and no new firmware for the Phantom 2 so we can fly with waypoints and the ground station app. I kind of feel like Linus after waiting all night for the Great Pumpkin to appear, lol.

Re: Just Uploaded The New Phantom 2 Non-Vision Firmware. NO

CoppellDarryl said:
Well January has come and gone and no new firmware for the Phantom 2 so we can fly with waypoints and the ground station app. I kind of feel like Linus after waiting all night for the Great Pumpkin to appear, lol.

Be patient young Jedi :) ..... was a tweet the other day from DJI saying they are still trying to get it done .. but wanted to get it right, so are not rushing it to market ....

To be frank though, most countries I know off have laws about "non visual" use of flying RC gear ... even frowning on FPV ..... as some areas regulations state LOS to the drone or flying UAV MUST be maintained by the pilot ... so at the end of the day waypoints for drones at this time aren't really gonna be much use legally in some places .....

Dont get me wrong .. Im an advocate .... for as long as there is no risk to anyone elses life, limb or property and things are thought out and done safely ... I'll do just about anything in this world :twisted:

Well even in LOS I think I can get some smoother flights using waypoints. I have some video shots I want to do and waypoint flights I'm hoping will give me a lot of control.

Besides, I will have LOS right there on my IPAD! See there it is! Lol

Yes well I'm still practicing my piloting skills right now. I haven't switched to ATTI mode yet. I'm getting better, working on doing circles around an object while keeping the camera pointed and at an equal distance from the object.

CoppellDarryl said:
Yes well I'm still practicing my piloting skills right now. I haven't switched to ATTI mode yet. I'm getting better, working on doing circles around an object while keeping the camera pointed and at an equal distance from the object.

CunningStuntFlyer is right though. If you want really smooth shots, ATTI is much better. A P2 fully under its own GPS control will probably be smoother than us new guys flying GPS; I'll give you that. But it still won't get you to the ATTI level of smoothness. And the most usable part of your shot will be the part where you didn't move the flight controls and the Phantom maintained its momentum in all three axes as if on glass.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj