Just updated P3S firmware, bad ideal for me

Reaction score
Been flying P3S for over a month now at my house reaching max attitude and distances , did the firmware update today and now all I get is lost signal and return home in the exact places I been flying for a month. Anybody else has this problem with the new update?

Been flying P3S for over a month now at my house reaching max attitude and distances , did the firmware update today and now all I get is lost signal and return home in the exact places I been flying for a month. Anybody else has this problem with the new update?
hey, did you do the recalibration (IMU, compass) right after the updates? Try that and see if it helps.

Here was the question:
Anybody else has this problem with the new update?

Here was his answer:
and then he confirmed that he has the same model Phantom. So how did this SPECIFICALLY not answer the OP's question? How did this harm you in any way? Seem like the only one creating a problem where none existed is with your post. It's not like he just commented on someone's tag line with the only intent to stir up trouble. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RadRich
yes same problem with no signal, waiting on reply from DJI as only 1 week old

I have not done the latest update yet, but have noticed that my distances vary sometimes depending on the time of day and any overcast. Same spots as well

Wow, you're of NO help. At least you posted your registeration # FA3FFWW7M4. That will help someone.
A word of advice... If you want detailed responses, don't ask closed-ended question.

Yeah, maybe it'll help ME if I ever lose my drone. The person that finds it can look me up and CONTACT ME.. TC Malker from Chicago, IL. The FAA database isn't the only place to find info on people.

Last edited:
Reactions: chapsrlz
Offer some advice, not some one word answer. Is that so hard to understand? His first answer of "Nope" is of NO help to anybody. Instead, how about asking OP if he did recalibration after the firmware update, like I did. No one is stirring up trouble, except perhaps you.

images.jpeg

I have same issue after updating can someone help thank you I see allot have done this great update with issues

Did the update, first I had issue with RC not being linked to the Aircraft. After several failed attempts it finally linked. I have no trouble flying now, near my house at least. Will post back with more after I fly more.

I have same issue after updating can someone help thank you I see allot have done this great update with issues
Try to recalibrate your IMU and compass as one of the posts suggested above. If you don't have RC signal, try to relink it.

Interesting, with this latest update.
Remote linking problems,
Remote Wifi problems,
Remote signal problems (Distance / RTH)
How long is firmware update take to load up.
Phantom mins
Remote mins
Battery mins
What else should be added to list.
Last I have flown was on Turkey day, and hadn't had time to update the one just came out a couple of days before that.
Was going to make detailed notes when I did.

yes same problem with no signal, waiting on reply from DJI as only 1 week old
Ya I don't know it was fine then the update got it barely can get signal and returning home. The calibrating it help some but it still not like it was before the update. It also is slower

Ya I don't know it was fine then the update got it barely can get signal and returning home. The calibrating it help some but it still not like it was before the update. It also is slower

First confirmation that new firmware 1.6 indeed slow the bird down. Can you tell us new max speed?

Can anyone tell me how to fix the issue also video is weak
Is DJI going to do another fix for this I have seen where some have used a new sd card. So what is the fix does anyone know. Merry Christmas

Last edited:
I'm skipping this update till Dji fix their crap lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik