Just tried my first flight with way points

Well I can think of one good reason to set up way points on the ground: positional accuracy. What if I want to survey an area by taking photos at exact points along a number of transects. If we can't set way points by entering lat/long then this is a really an replay feature not a waypoint feature. Lucky third party apps will solve this.

Reactions: John Deere
Well I can think of one good reason to set up way points on the ground: positional accuracy. What if I want to survey an area by taking photos at exact points along a number of transects. If we can't set way points by entering lat/long then this is a really an replay feature not a waypoint feature. Lucky third party apps will solve this.

Forget good reasons... Show me a GS on any other available platforms... Profesional/comercial etc.. that requires you to fly the path first??? That defeat the whole purpose of GS... I might as well just fly the bird and never use the waypoints.... Lets be honest here DJI FAIL big time...

This was a fail. I took it out this afternoon. Had to fly all the waypoints. 500m limit on distance. I won't be using it. If I have to fly all the waypoints, what's the point? 500m limit. that's only 1/10 of what my phantom will go in distance. useless.

Reactions: ViperNuke
This was a fail. I took it out this afternoon. Had to fly all the waypoints. 500m limit on distance. I won't be using it. If I have to fly all the waypoints, what's the point? 500m limit. that's only 1/10 of what my phantom will go in distance. useless.
I wouldn't say it's useless. I think it's actually very useful, they just named it wrong so are going to piss us all off. It will allow us to to do cable cam, dollies pan etc that we have framed up in advance. You could set up some shot before sunset then as sunset comes make a number of takes to get it perfect.

I wouldn't say it's useless. I think it's actually very useful, they just named it wrong so are going to piss us all off. It will allow us to to do cable cam, dollies pan etc that we have framed up in advance. You could set up some shot before sunset then as sunset comes make a number of takes to get it perfect.
Ok. I agree. Name it Ground station. It's useless. Name it cable cam, has some application.

Record the waypoints in your simulator then you can have the bird go fly it

A disaster waiting to happen..... Please do not attempt to do this....... Unless you have a real map view of the location you are going to be flying at so that you can plan your waypoints accordingly and avoid hitting any objects.... The above suggestion is crazy lol

Reactions: ThommyBoy and snerd
I heard that if you are using apple app, you can create waypoints in simulator mode and save it and then fly it for real.. Don't know for sure, haven't tried it

Question on waypoint flying - newbie here - I tried it for the first time today and the drone appeared to be flying in the right direction, but pointing the wrong way - sounds weird - I'm guessing I didn't select the right option for it to point in the same direction as the waypoint flight path. Ugh - I think I just confused myself ...can someone explain the three options for waypoint flying please?

Question on waypoint flying - newbie here - I tried it for the first time today and the drone appeared to be flying in the right direction, but pointing the wrong way - sounds weird - I'm guessing I didn't select the right option for it to point in the same direction as the waypoint flight path. Ugh - I think I just confused myself ...can someone explain the three options for waypoint flying please?
I basically did the same thing, the drone flew to the 4 waypoint but I don't know how to control the camera to get the shots I'm looking for --- though I have read up hear somewhere that you can control the camera after you program the waypoints I just don't know how, I can just Gimbal but that all I know.........more testing as soon as the batteries recharge

Record the waypoints in your simulator then you can have the bird go fly it
does this work? or are you joking.

As a side note, how connected to the app is the phantom. Can you fly it without a phone and what happens if your phones batteries dies mid flight?

does this work? or are you joking.

As a side note, how connected to the app is the phantom. Can you fly it without a phone and what happens if your phones batteries dies mid flight?
The app is there for you to monitor telemetry and the status of other important things. It will fly without it, with just the remote.

Use Litchi if you have an Android device, let's you pre work a mission without being connected to the bird. And you can save and load it any time you want and have the Phantom fly it no problems. I always do a manual fly up to see how high i need to go to miss any obstructions and then change my plan accordingly, always check that you have clearance before flying a mission.

I've done many missions with LItchi around my neighbourhood and out over lakes etc. Still waiting on Autopilot to be released by Apple, i'll pay the $$ to get it even though it don't have waypoint planning (yet).

U don't need a big bomb or a big truck. Heck, you don't even need to kill anyone. But if u can get an explosive, no matter how small, close enough to an important building or a person and detonate it, it would cause mass panic and fear.

You might think it's dramatic and over-reacting, but this is what terrorists thrives on, our belief that everything is fine and dandy.

If today a drone flew into a school and detonated a small explosive, even if no one is killed or nothing serious is damaged, would you open the school the next day and resume it as per normal?

Just imagine the fall out from one small event. Now imagine ten or 50 drones on auto pilot with small bombs all flying to the same important location.
Well then we all must band together and knock them out of the sky and beat their a$$, (the bad guys that is) this waypoint feature should have been set up just like GS.

U don't need a big bomb or a big truck. Heck, you don't even need to kill anyone. But if u can get an explosive, no matter how small, close enough to an important building or a person and detonate it, it would cause mass panic and fear.

You might think it's dramatic and over-reacting, but this is what terrorists thrives on, our belief that everything is fine and dandy.

If today a drone flew into a school and detonated a small explosive, even if no one is killed or nothing serious is damaged, would you open the school the next day and resume it as per normal?

Just imagine the fall out from one small event. Now imagine ten or 50 drones on auto pilot with small bombs all flying to the same important location.

PLEEEEEEAAAASE. Quit with the nonsense. You should go work for one of those crappy CNN type places.

Use Litchi if you have an Android device, let's you pre work a mission without being connected to the bird. And you can save and load it any time you want and have the Phantom fly it no problems. I always do a manual fly up to see how high i need to go to miss any obstructions and then change my plan accordingly, always check that you have clearance before flying a mission.

I've done many missions with LItchi around my neighbourhood and out over lakes etc. Still waiting on Autopilot to be released by Apple, i'll pay the $$ to get it even though it don't have waypoint planning (yet).

I'll give this route a try. What's the best Android device that is around the same size as the Air2. I'd love to try this Litchi.. I've only upload files to them... never used the app.

Exactly..... this is the point of it I thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj