P4 Firmware Just to be frank the new forced 'update' is a disaster

Reaction score
Google Nexus 7 - supported device

DJI Go 4 - broken update due to video issues and ultra poor signal

My P4 has been working for 9 months without a flaw - DJI have now broken this for me

Back on 3.1.3 and RC 1.6 but only Litchi is working as it used to. Go app still has hopeless video / signal.....

Second rate - DJI Why????

Last edited:
Too bad DJI cannot release a bug free update. Fix one thing, sort of, and break one or two others in the process. By then, they are off onto a whole new drone version too. :(

Maybe best to use it right out of the box, if it works, and never update the thing. o_O

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Yeah but its when they force a broken and untested update on folk it really grates. You might be relying on this craft for your bread and butter, but hey ho lets move on to the Mavic and P4P and stuff the rest.....

Yeah but its when they force a broken and untested update on folk it really grates. You might be relying on this craft for your bread and butter, but hey ho lets move on to the Mavic and P4P and stuff the rest.....

Hmmm.. Nikon did that with their SB-900 pro's flash where it would thermally shut down for 15 minutes if fired in rapid succession at a wedding. So instead of issuing a firmware update (It's capable of that!), they made new SB-910 model with a timed-out delay so it wouldn't overheat as fast. So you buy a new improved model for $550 that is slower to recycle, and toss out the old one or carry a pair so one cools off while the other works.

/rant

My P4P arrives next week. I'm assuming the craft arrives with an older firmware version. I gather I should hold off updating until this issue is resolved?

Well its a forced update so you will be stuck with it, but I have a couple of m8s flying week old P4's without issues, well sort of. When I powered mine next to one of the other guys and switched on both of our signal / video degraded to such an extent that both craft were without a decent signal, to the extent a RTH was initiated.

My P4 is working fine, but my new P4P keeps giving me a "Battery Error" code when I get about 100 yards away, but goes away when I get back within 50 yards. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm ready to send it back!!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20