Just Sayin' Hello

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been lurking for a bit and decided to chime in.

I took advantage of the P3P Black Friday sale with the extra battery. 25 flights in so far and 250,000+ feet under my belt. Absolutely love it. Read all I could and watched everything that was out there while waiting for it to arrive. Noted all the nuances and procedures to follow to avoid any failures.

I have an extensive RC background flying everything, including 20 years of heli experience. Learned to hover with mechanical gyros and a Kyosho Concept DX. I've been "mowing the lawn" with helis for a lot of years so the flying part is easy. DJI has actually taken the flying out of it if you need/want that. This technology is amazing, and I am in awe.

I've turned in to a range junkie since aquiring the P3P. Slowly tested its limits and my personal record is 7382' stock. This is quite amazing to me as I still had 70% battery left and could have gone farther. Video feed was weakening, but I still had 5 bars of RC signal.

Enough for now. Picked up a few accessory items from the suggestions here. A few extra micro SD cards, ND filters, Windsurfer Antenna boosters, soft shell case, camera lens cap, short lightning cable, iPad Mini 4, etc. look forward to the wealth of knowledge this forum provides.

Solar Deity

Reactions: FotoGeek and Reed L
I just realised that 7300 feet sounded far. But then converted the metres to 8800 feet for me. So pleased about that.
Id really like a short lighting cable too.
Welcome along lurker.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450126356.557273.jpg
Stock also!

Welcome!!!
It is great to see someone who truly appreciates the P3 for what it is. People take so much for granted these days. I am an old RC hand like you and I still just stand there and stare at the P3 marveling at how far we have come. So many people think of these as "just toys" which to me totally belittles the giant leaps that have been made.

That is awesome! I can't tell the terrain elevations but did you have clear LOS? 19,418! I have to go out to the country and try it now. Too many trees around, and I have an airport nearby so I need to stay below 400'. We have some elevations here in Upstate NY that will give me LOS all the way out. Windsurfers are coming too. Many props should be given to the Phantom Help guy. The information he provides is almost priceless. He's done almost all the legwork for you.....

LOL .. that's crazy... I was nervous if mine got on the other side of my house 300' away...:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik