Just received the Polar Pro Gimbal Lock

Reaction score
I had been looking for the best gimbal lock/lens cover I could find and decided to pickup the Polar Pro model.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...gimbal lock&qid=1456884727&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

After reading a ton of reviews on this and other manufacturers/models it seemed like the one for me. It's a little pricey at $19.99 but now that I have it I'm glad I went with this one.

It's very easy to take on/off and holds the gimbal securely in place while covering the lens at the same time. The lens cover isn't exactly tight and that's by design since you can have Polar Pro filters installed while having the cover in place (I've yet to purchase any filters and I don't know how well it will work with other brand filters but I was leaning towards the PP filters anyway).

I had to modify the foam gimbal guard in my Nanuk 945 case to accommodate the slightly added size with an X-Acto knife but that was fairly painless.

Is anyone else using this gimbal lock and if so what are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the gimbal and the 6 lens kit and they are both great. Get the lens pen, great little lens brush and a cleaner pad to boot.

I use it over the Rainbowers lenses cap, works fine. I like that it's rubber but I think that the hard plastic holders do a stronger, more secure job. So it's a toss up to me right now... I may change back to the Skyreat guard and just use the removable camera lense for the cap, but for now I'm using it. Being that the filters need to be screwed on anyway, the stock DJI guard and lense cover work fine as is, so buying another gimbal lock really isn't necessary.

I have the gimbal and the 6 lens kit and they are both great. Get the lens pen, great little lens brush and a cleaner pad to boot.

Looks cool. I'll pick one up. Thanks for the tip!

I use it over the Rainbowers lenses cap, works fine. I like that it's rubber but I think that the hard plastic holders do a stronger, more secure job. So it's a toss up to me right now... I may change back to the Skyreat guard and just use the removable camera lense for the cap, but for now I'm using it. Being that the filters need to be screwed on anyway, the stock DJI guard and lense cover work fine as is, so buying another gimbal lock really isn't necessary.

I almost just went with a lens cap, but to me I feel like I'm going to damage the gimbal by removing/installing the stock lock. I try to be as gentle as possible but have that dreadful feeling every time. The Polar Pro goes on and off so easily (without feeling like it's going to fall off during transport) that I'll be using it for awhile. Time will tell how it works out I guess...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers