Just purchased new P3P battery from DJI

Reaction score
Do I need to check for firmware updates (or anything else) or can I simply charge and install?

If you put the last BIN you installed in the root of your memory card, the firmware will be updated on the battery if needed the first time your Phantom starts up. If needed, you can download the firmware from the Phantom downloads page.

If you put the last BIN you installed in the root of your memory card, the firmware will be updated on the battery if needed the first time your Phantom starts up. If needed, you can download the firmware from the Phantom downloads page.
What file name to I look for on my SD card to determine if the last BIN was installed?

Look in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO to see which firmware you're running. Download that firmware from the Phantom downloads page, unzip it, and drop the BIN in the root of your memory card. Insert the new battery in your Phantom and power it up. The firmware will be installed at that point if needed.

Look in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO to see which firmware you're running. Download that firmware from the Phantom downloads page, unzip it, and drop the BIN in the root of your memory card. Insert the new battery in your Phantom and power it up. The firmware will be installed at that point if needed.
I am running:
App version 3.1.11
Aircraft version 1.10.90
Remote controller version 1.80

I don't see anything about the intellegent battery. How do I determine if my new battery is up to date?

Sorry, but I'm a newby. I have downloaded the latest firmware, inserted the SD card and powered up the battery. Tone and lights suggest it is being updated.

How do I determine if my new battery is up to date?
The battery firmware is not listed in DJI GO. That's why I suggested the above procedure.

The battery firmware is not listed in DJI GO. That's why I suggested the above procedure.
Success as text message on SD card is : The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft. So I'm good to go. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl