Just purchased a 4!

Reaction score
Decided to go ahead and jump in the pool. Deep breaths....

Too bad I let my pilot's license lapse.

Anyway, while it's on the way, I've been watching the myriad of beginner tutorials out there, and many of them recommend removing the camera/gimbal while in the flight learning mode, just in case, which sounds like a superb idea to me. My question is, is this assembly removable on the Phantom 4 as it was on previous models?

Reactions: RadioMike
No you can't remove it ( you probably could if you knew what you were doing) its heavily integrated. You'll get in with it just fine. Have fun!

Totally agree with above post. DEFINATELY no need to remove the camera. Honestly a 4 year old could fly the P4. Just make sure you read all the manual, watch the DJI videos, practice on the simulator, put it in beginner mode initially and you will be fine

You can do what I did when I got my P4... Get [LINK REMOVED-UNAPPROVED AFFILIATE LINKS NOT ALLOWED] and start practicing and crashing. Once you've crashed enough times, you can take your P4 outside for a spin.

Also a friendly reminder: Don't ever try to do your first P4 flight test indoors..

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure when you watch the videos, you are watching Phantom 4 videos as the models are different in some aspects. Definitely play with the flight simulator before actually flying it outside and as linkmodo said, maybe invest into a cheap manual quad and practice basic controls with that.

I suggest Syma x5 or x8.

Decided to go ahead and jump in the pool. Deep breaths....

Too bad I let my pilot's license lapse.

Anyway, while it's on the way, I've been watching the myriad of beginner tutorials out there, and many of them recommend removing the camera/gimbal while in the flight learning mode, just in case, which sounds like a superb idea to me. My question is, is this assembly removable on the Phantom 4 as it was on previous models?
Don't mess with it. Fly in wide open space. Read the manual! Then read the manual.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues