Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Just posted my follow-me test run

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Phantom Dr1, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Phantom Dr1

Just posted my follow-me test run. Wanted to understand the capabilities of the follow-me feature so I can plan accordingly for actual shoots. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

ParsnipHysorter and brianb87 like this.
  2. PilotHarry

Very cool video!!! It shows the capabilities (and lack thereof) of follow me mode. I would DEFINITELY not want to do this near any obstacles!

3. DroneRookie

It looks like you were below the top of the light poles. Maybe just perspective throwing me off? If not, we're you pretty confident in avoiding them?

4. Phantom Dr1

Thanks. I wanted to be sure of the limitations and capabilities before I use it in the real situation. I definitely wouldn't trust it in any situation where the movement is fast and there are misc obstacles like trees or telephone poles

5. Phantom Dr1

Yeah I chose to Metra train parking lot on a Sunday cause I knew it would be empty. Plus the light poles in the parking lot are shorter and are straight vertical. When I set the follow-me distances I set the P3P at a height where it would fly over all the light poles so that was not a concern. Also in that general area that I was driving there were only two light poles to avoid