Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Just picked up boscam monitor and iosd mini.

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Pickeringchris, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Pickeringchris

All I need now is a great transmitter and great antennas.

Currently looking at immersionrc tx based on all the forum reviews and either fpvlr or Ibcrazy antennas.
    I am also thinking about upgrading my phantom controller antenna. Why you ask? Cause I like tinkering. The cable to convert to standard sma connection is only a few bucks. If you have done this please share your experience.

Cheers

2. mr_3_0_5

I have seen some people upgrading the radio range with a 2.4ghz half sphere helix from FPVLR. He also has the correct cables in stock , I believe. You'll easily double or triple your rc range with the tiny half sphere.

3. Pickeringchris

4. Pickeringchris

No one in Canada has the immersion tx in stock in Canada. A local dealer stocks the Black Mamba tx @ 2watts. Probably way overkill but I like the fact it comes with plug and play cables. I also try and support the local dealer whenever possible. It's heavier and draws more power but I will most certainly never have range problems. I wish I knew the math required to figure out how the weight will effect flight time. If it's only 5% I wouldn't care. What do you guys think?

5. HarryT

If it's any comfort, I too have the ludicrously over-powered 2W Boscam Thunderbolt, and I get flight times of 14-15m which realistically is all I'd want.

6. Pickeringchris

Never heard of the thunderbolt but just looked at the specs. Ity is about 10 grams lighter than the black mamba if that matters. I am getting 15 minutes new with the gimble and gopro and 84 grams of prop guards. I guess I can remove the prop guards to make up for the weight of the black mamba. I basically got the guards to learn with.

7. Pickeringchris

I ordered the much overkill black mamba 2watt transmitter. Maybe it's so overkill I will save a few bucks on top of the line antennas, or wishful thinking? Lol