Just over 2.5 Miles with only DBS Mod

Reaction score
nice, i was on my way to 2.5 yesterday, had full bars at 2 miles then 4 idiots stopped right in front of me, with one of them on their cell phones and i got the signal lost and RTH... so pissed lol

ive been looking into birdside antennas like dirk for that extra distance!

nice, i was on my way to 2.5 yesterday, had full bars at 2 miles then 4 idiots stopped right in front of me, with one of them on their cell phones and i got the signal lost and RTH... so pissed lol

ive been looking into birdside antennas like dirk for that extra distance!

I'm trying to see how far I can get before messing with the birdside.

yeah, it seems like you are getting solid distance already lol
unfortunately the biggest open field within an hour of me is only 2 miles long so ill probably always get interference around 2 miles.

yeah, it seems like you are getting solid distance already lol
unfortunately the biggest open field within an hour of me is only 2 miles long so ill probably always get interference around 2 miles.

I'm at a cabin on the very top of a mountain. So I am higher than most stuff around.

engage.gif

What was your max with only the DBS ?
I believe it was under 10,000' then I added those dipoles .Ya done good.
Is addicting eh :) lol

I believe it was under 10,000' then I added those dipoles .Ya done good.
Is addicting eh :) lol

Trying to keep up with my friends with "PRO" versions.

Reactions: dirkclod
Trying to keep up with my friends with "PRO" versions.
I don't really think we can but we giving it a shot huh .
I knew 6/10 a mile was bull .If everything is just right as far as weather and everything else I think 4 miles is possible
but with out more battery that's gonna be about it .

I don't really think we can but we giving it a shot huh .
I knew 6/10 a mile was bull .If everything is just right as far as weather and everything else I think 4 miles is possible
but with out more battery that's gonna be about it .

I agree. That is why I turned around. I think the battery is going to be the limit for us.

I agree. That is why I turned around. I think the battery is going to be the limit for us.
It is and you can do those battery mods but I'm not gonna .

Reading this blows my mind. Can you please explain what Birdside and DBS modifications are? I'm not too new, relatively experienced...I just haven't done my homework on upgrades. Thanks guys!

You don't want to get involved with these guys, they're bad seeds. Stay far away from them. Hooligans they are!
theshining-1427212867.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd