Just ordered the Droneexpert Gimbal

Reaction score
I ordered the Drone Expert Gimbal today. My birthday is coming up and I suggested that everyone that gets my gifts every year to go in on it with me so that is on it's way! They say it's a 6 week delivery time because of how popular they are, but I'll try and post some pics of it when I install it. It looks like it makes a huge difference for stability though from the video they have posted online.

It's going to be hard to wait 6 weeks for it, but it will be worth the wait! :D

cool..i just cant justify that price. Outrageous! cant wait for a cheaper alternative to come along..

Yeah I hear ya...if I was paying for it all I would've had a tough time justifying that as well. I suppose it's because it's so new and one of the only ones out now. It looks like its great quality and I like that it's basically plug and play and works with the 7th channel on the remote too.

Hello! I'm a professional video- and photographer from the northern Finland and just getting into this flying camera hobby scene. Or should I say Drone scene?

I also left my order more than a week ago. Actually I ordered both the P2V-copter and their gimbal from Dronexpert.nl. In their order confirmation they told me, that my shipment will be made within around three weeks. Hopefully this is true, because on March I will be travelling abroad, where I would love to take this camera copter with me.

I do understand that the camera of the Phantom 2 Vision is not really a professional quality, but for a drone beginner like me this could be the easiest way to get some reasonable quality photos and videos from the new perspective. And for a low resolution web use even these photos from P2V seems "good enough" to me. In the future I might even order the Sony RX100 mount from the Dronexpert, if I need more quality and resolution to my aerial photography.

My only concern is the quite big variation within the quality and sharpness of the P2V cameras. From the samples of Flickr, YouTube and Vimeo I have compared huge amount of photos and videos from different P2V users and some of these look very bad with poor contrast and sharpness. Some of these photos are simply badly focused. On the other hand there are also some nice samples with really decent amount of sharpness and quite vivid colours. I think this could be possible, because there might be a quite a few P2V owners around the world, who really don't even understand that their camera is one of the soft and mushy ones? Maybe some of the first batch of these FC200 cameras were send from the factory with simply bad quality or badly focused? And if this is true, hopefully DJI has now got the quality control issues fixed and the cameras sold now are all better quality?

I sure hope that my camera is one of the sharp and correctly focused ones. And hopefully the DE-gimbal will smoothen up the videos from P2V. For now there are only a few good videos available, which are presenting the smoothness of Dronexpert gimbal with P2V, but when ever I will get this flying camera into my hands, I will definately put some of my own samples into the Youtube and Vimeo.

Now I can only wait for the shipment information. For some strange reason, time is running very slowly now :)

jonzalez, that's how time goes when you are excited for something like that! I know the feeling well :)

I am also a photography/videographer, and bought the phantom for the same reason. I'm using it as an introduction to see if I want to make the jump to a pro rig like the S800 or even better the S1000. If there is a market for that, I will more than likely buy the S1000, but I want to be an established pilot before I make that kind of investment. I've had a couple of crashes with my Phantom, both were kind of flukes, but could've probably been prevented if I would've had more practice. I'm just glad I was out in the middle of a large area where there were no people around.

I haven't shot much video due to how shaky it is without a gimbal. It drove me crazy to edit footage like that, and After Effects stabilizer can only do so much for that shaky video. But I hope to get out and get lots of video once I get this gimbal. Plus it's been below 0 degrees fahrenheit for quite some time now and that is not good phantom flying weather either haha.

The photos however, look very nice in my opinion. Just make sure you are shooting in RAW and you will be pleased with how they look. I posted a photo I took with the Phantom 2 Vision in this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7896&p=64241#p64241 . It's actually several photos that I stitched together in photoshop to make a panorama.

A little bit of sharpening along with some editing in adobe camera raw goes a long ways.

Happy flying! :)

Thanks for your comments, bluecreative.

It sure is reassuring to notice, that many recent P2V owners have been able to shoot some nice and sharp photos with their drone. Of course, with the sensor size this small, you will need a sunny and clear day with good amount of light to get decent photos. Are you using auto-ISO or fixed 100 ISO? With the small sensor cameras like FC200 the noise will probably be a problem with higher ISO's?

I usually shoot all of my photos using RAW. For the post processing I use Lightroom and Photoshop for photos and Final Cut Pro X for videos. I might have to study the Adobe After Effects or Premiere because of their better image stabilization, but I hope that the Dronexpert gimbal will take care of the most of the jello.

-Jonzalez-

bluecreative said:
I ordered the Drone Expert Gimbal today. My birthday is coming up and I suggested that everyone that gets my gifts every year to go in on it with me so that is on it's way! They say it's a 6 week delivery time because of how popular they are, but I'll try and post some pics of it when I install it. It looks like it makes a huge difference for stability though from the video they have posted online.

It's going to be hard to wait 6 weeks for it, but it will be worth the wait! :D

Yep it's sure going to be a long 6 weeks for you but I can confirm it's definitely worth the wait ;)

Attachments

• pv.jpg
    pv.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 494

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.