Just ordered one from DJI

Don't be jealous.
Yes, I will post any issues I find.
I will also post what is good, as well.
It seems that the vast majority of posters are negative, as it is in most forums (phones, automobiles, or televisions).
People tend to post if there is a problem, or the product doesn't meet their expectations, and as you can see in many posts, inexperienced owners report the most problems
The majority of owners who have a positive experience with the Phantom, do not have a need to post.
Someone should start a poll, of actual Phantom 2 -3 - 4 owners to determine the general consenus.
I'm happy for all of you getting the p4. I need a p3p if someone wants to sell. Hehehe. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm happy for all of you getting the p4. I need a p3p if someone wants to sell. Hehehe. :)

I sell you my entire setup with DBS mod and all new otherwise. Three batteries... Case, several props new....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you think they're really going to put the price all the way up to $1699? I am guessing not.
Time will tell. This exclusive period of sales until April 15th limited to only Apple and DJI is unprecedented. Maybe the letter sent out to dealers with the $1699 price with all the other models' already discounted prices was to make the $1399 seem like a bargain. If so, it worked! Whether it is an early adopter discount or the public price remains to be seen. The state sales tax included in the $1399 price by DJI was the deal maker for me today to preorder!

I'm going to need mine as a backup while all the bugs are worked out of my new P4. I'm anticipating a few warranty covered crashes along the way, as we trip over them...;)

After release sale, I think it'll be 1599

I don't think it will. They haven't done that before. A $600 difference between the P3P and P4 doesn't make a lot of sense no matter how you cut it. $400 in my opinion for what the P4 is I think is pushing it as well. Honestly I think what makes the most sense is $1,299. Then they could push a P4 Pro to maybe $1,450 or something.

I don't think it will. They haven't done that before. A $600 difference between the P3P and P4 doesn't make a lot of sense no matter how you cut it. $400 in my opinion for what the P4 is I think is pushing it as well. Honestly I think what makes the most sense is $1,299. Then they could push a P4 Pro to maybe $1,450 or something.
Even if it stays at $1399, having that price include free shipping and the state sales tax, for delivery on March 15 directly from DJI is a bargain!:cool: Direct DJI purchases are the only ones eligible for new replacement, rather than repair, due to warranty issues after the 14 day DOA replacement period available to dealers.

Well mine is ordered with 4 batteries and 4 sets of props, that should hold me for a while....gonna need to find a case for it too but I guess I have a few weeks to figure that out, hoping there are optimistic me soon
4 sets of props? You get two sets with the bird, so you need 6 sets with collision avoidance? Whoa. :p

That should have said 4 pr of props...I always carry way too many props out of habit from flying 250 class quads. I also have 6 sets of P3 props all balanced up and ready to go.

I would absolutely LOVE to order a new P4. It simply looks amazing to me. Frankly, it makes the P3 look like a garage built prototype in comparison.

Sport mode, enhanced speed, longer flight times, improved gimbal, obstacle avoidance, touch flight, intelligent subject tracking, larger motors, better props... the list goes on and on. Plus, it looks so much more polished and refined than its predecessor.

Were it not for the fact that I've invested in a backpack case, 4 extra batteries, gimbal protectors, LED lights for the landing gear, carbon reinforced props, battery charging station, 100w power adapter, etc., for my less than 2 months old P3 Advanced (which is currently in warranty repair for an inexplicable ESC error), I would jump on this in a heartbeat. That said, the thought of having to re-buy all the 3rd party and DJI accessories just to be on par with where I am today is overwhelming -- not to mention extremely expensive.

For that reason alone, I think I'll sit this one out and wait until they release the P5.

Im not sure 20.00 extra for 3 to 5 more minutes is a good deal. But cant blame them
China, the Ministry of Commerce and General Administration of Customs jointly issued "on the part of unmanned aerial vehicles to implement export controls notice," decided that, effective August 15, 2015 Life time of over 30 minutes can not be exported.

That, plus DJI is now paying all the state sales tax on the $1399 purchase, with free shipping, and all the advanced Dealer Notifications sent out contain the $1699 price, and Dealers won't even be able to sell them at $1699 until Apple's 30 day exclusive at $1399 is over on April 15th. No brainer purchase today, for anyone on the fence.
Apple Store said they will have them for sale the 9th or 10th.

Is an extra 5 minutes really that big of a deal?
I'm digging the new Phantom but after collecting 5 batteries for the P3P 'm not looking forward to the extra $676 I have to spend to get the same amount of batteries.
The 4k camera is a big deal as well. I like the inspire one pro black edition, but this is a hobby and not dropping 5 stacks on it. So since i already have a advance p3, I may pull the trigger on the p4

The 4k camera is a big deal as well. I like the inspire one pro black edition, but this is a hobby and not dropping 5 stacks on it. So since i already have a advance p3, I may pull the trigger on the p4
I meant that comment for P3P owners really.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Am I missing something ??
Do you think after the initial release, that they will REDUCE the price to $1299 ?
That has never been the case before.

Even if it stays at $1399, having that price include free shipping and the state sales tax, for delivery on March 15 directly from DJI is a bargain!:cool: Direct DJI purchases are the only ones eligible for new replacement, rather than repair, due to warranty issues after the 14 day DOA replacement period available to dealers.
Hey there,I ordered one yesterday also, very excited about the new unit. Any experience with how long it will take to ship? They are shipping out the 15th or they are delivered the 15th? Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20