Just ordered one from DJI

Im not sure 20.00 extra for 3 to 5 more minutes is a good deal. But cant blame them
My guess is that with the current P3 battery in the P4, the flight time would be greatly reduced with all the new electronics, motors, etc., so getting slightly more time out of bigger batteries and still offsetting the weight penalty is probably a big engineering accomplishment.

Was debating going to discounted P3P, but when I saw the P4 announcement date I decided to waited patiently. Sure, the P3P prices have dropped, but for the $ delta, camera upgrades, and obstacle avoidance, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a new P4.

The kicker was they are offering a limited introductory pricing. I think the fear that it may cost me $300 more next month pushed me to order now.

Reactions: Mododah
Is an extra 5 minutes really that big of a deal?
I'm digging the new Phantom but after collecting 5 batteries for the P3P 'm not looking forward to the extra $676 I have to spend to get the same amount of batteries.
Keep the other bird and eliminate that problem.

Besides, you only need two or three for this one.

I keep ordering them and end up with too many UASs. I BETTER get the first wave or I'm canceling as I'll have the H before then anyway. I was gonna decide between the H and the 4 and since I'm getting the H and a VERY GOOD price point I thought it would win but it looks like it might be a little interesting but DJI is almost definitely gonna be the winner of that battle.

I am looking forward to my Tornado H290 though!

Was debating going to discounted P3P, but when I saw the P4 announcement date I decided to waited patiently. Sure, the P3P prices have dropped, but for the $ delta, camera upgrades, and obstacle avoidance, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a new P4.

The kicker was they are offering a limited introductory pricing. I think the fear that it may cost me $300 more next month pushed me to order now.
That, plus DJI is now paying all the state sales tax on the $1399 purchase, with free shipping, and all the advanced Dealer Notifications sent out contain the $1699 price, and Dealers won't even be able to sell them at $1699 until Apple's 30 day exclusive at $1399 is over on April 15th. No brainer purchase today, for anyone on the fence.

Didnt they have this guidance thing in one of their products the Matrice100? already. Now as always DJI is always testing and if this guidance thing works very well, and i bet the next gen Inspire 1 will have it.
It's a $1,000+ add onto the Matrice100!
P4 includes it in the purchase price!

I wonder if its the same one they put in Matrice or some version if its a 1000 add on. Ill wait for an Inspire.
Not sure, but DJI did this with the P3P by including the $1500 Lightbridge addon in the purchase price, which made it a no brainer purchase, too, for anyone wanting Lightbridge, instead of WiFi video.

Well mine is ordered with 4 batteries and 4 sets of props, that should hold me for a while....gonna need to find a case for it too but I guess I have a few weeks to figure that out, hoping there are optimistic me soon

Well I think that video answers my question. No it will not be able to recognize and follow my albeit somewhat large rc car around at 45mph or any speed for that matter. Will it recognize let's say a dog o cat? My cars 2 cats wide

Buying direct from DJI is the only way to get another brand new replacement unit, after the 14 day DOA dealer replacement timeframe, under warranty, instead of a repair. DJI is also currently paying all state sales tax with free shipping at the $1,399 price. That's a very big deal, saving $125 or more, without waiting to buy online out of state, and having to pretend to forget to pay the "use tax" on your state income tax on an out of state purchase.

Yeah I noticed that so pulled the trigger. I ordered the P4 separate from a spare battery since they say they will combine into one shipment and there were serious battery supply problems when the P3 came out.

Best Buy will charge you sales tax (unlike DJI today) and limits undamaged returns to 15 days or 30 days, depending upon your customer status, and claims they won't accept any returns that have been crashed.

You'll get a charge from your credit card likely for a "foreign transaction fee" though. Most US CC companies do that.

Yeah I noticed that so pulled the trigger. I ordered the P4 separate from a spare battery since they say they will combine into one shipment and there were serious battery supply problems when the P3 came out.
Yes, that could potentially seriously delay your arrival date. Single battery alone also qualifies for free shipping, based on meeting their minimum order. I was very surprised that the quoted $1399 price already included all state sales tax. That was key for me! Anywhere else, including Apple, will surely charge state sales tax separately! Saves another $125, and likely another $300, if the regular dealer price after April 15 will be $1699, as DJI previously notified all their dealers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers