Just ordered one from DJI

For the $1799 price point I was not going to order one. For the $1399 intro price I got a birthday present now! Even the wife said I had to have it.. lol :)

I read it was dual IMU and dual compass, not dual GPS receivers. You have a reference?

Yep its dual IMU and Compass, its uses GPS and GLONASS for the position

While the obstacle avoidance is not proven yet, the P3 does not have it at all.
If it works once, it may prevent a catastrophic crash

Pretty compelling so far on the Collision Avoidance working

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Didnt they have this guidance thing in one of their products the Matrice100? already. Now as always DJI is always testing and if this guidance thing works very well, and i bet the next gen Inspire 1 will have it.

I just pre-ordered the new Phantom 4 directly from DJI. $1399
After watching the video, I started to shake, and ordered one.
DJI states that the phantom 4 will ship starting March 15th, in the order they were ordered.
I was on the website for about two minutes, and only the Phantom 3 was available, then I reloaded the page, and BAM !! there it was.
I had one ordered within 45 seconds. I hope I am in the first wave of shipping.
Enjoy buddy!!! I'll buy it from best buy so if there is a problem or I really don't like it I can bring it back within 90 days.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Enjoy buddy!!! I'll buy it from best buy so if there is a problem or I really don't like it I can bring it back within 90 days.

Best Buy will charge you sales tax (unlike DJI today) and limits undamaged returns to 15 days or 30 days, depending upon your customer status, and claims they won't accept any returns that have been crashed.

Best Buy will charge you sales tax (unlike DJI today) and limits undamaged returns to 15 days or 30 days, depending upon your customer status, and claims they won't accept any returns that have been crashed.
Who excepts a crashed totaled drone back??

You are correct
Regular customer ---------- 15 day return
Best Buy Elite customer--- 30 days return
Crash the Phantom ---------NO return

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I think DJI has learned a lot from the P3.... I'm pretty confident that they have now taken care of the stress crack issues, the loose battery issue with the redesign of the battery and also the spotty (sometimes) compass errors issues. The P4 now has dual IMUs and dual compasses. I also like the glossy finishing which seems it will handle smudges and light fog/water much better.

Don't be jealous.
Yes, I will post any issues I find.
I will also post what is good, as well.
It seems that the vast majority of posters are negative, as it is in most forums (phones, automobiles, or televisions).
People tend to post if there is a problem, or the product doesn't meet their expectations, and as you can see in many posts, inexperienced owners report the most problems
The majority of owners who have a positive experience with the Phantom, do not have a need to post.
Someone should start a poll, of actual Phantom 2 -3 - 4 owners to determine the general consenus.
I was thinking the same thing in that response to your order.

Congrats brother!!! I hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness!!!

The way DJI composed this video is crazy, makes me want one right now. The action shots, the voice over, just brilliant. As much as I'd love to have one, I can not right now and I'm still happy with my P3P. And for those guys that have already purchased a P4, good on you, ignore all the negativity on these forums and enjoy your new machine, keep us updated with some feedback. I look forward to owning another DJI Phantom one day :)

I wonder if this new p4 is locked down to 120m altitude....the specs seem to indicate as much?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wonder if this new p4 is locked down to 120m altitude....the specs seem to indicate as much?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Exact same altitude spec listed for the P3 as well.
120 m above takeoff point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic