Just ordered one from DJI

More to consider

1) Inspire style Metal device holder arm

2) A new, specially designed, magnesium core increases the stiffness and rigidity of the Phantom 4 without compromising weight.

3) Shoot sharp, clean video in up to 4K at 30fps and Full HD 1080p at 120fps for slow motion, through a newly designed 8 element lens that dramatically increases sharpness.

4) Dual compass modules and dual Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs)

5) Motors located higher --No more props in video when accelerating.

6) Slightly increased flight time

7) Faster --- New Sport mode

8) The gimbal and camera system is integrated into the body, bringing it closer to the aircraft's center of gravity.

It is also made of a rigid and strong composite material

9) The Phantom 4 camera has been improved in terms of image quality. Chromatic aberration has been reduced by 56% and lens distortion had been reduced by 36% compared to Phantom 3 Professional. In addition to lens improvements, camera firmware has been tweaked to enable the camera to capture 120fps video in full 1080p FHD (the camera’s field of view will be reconfigured to 47° when recording in this mode) for smooth slow motion.

10) Rudimentary case

Just ordered. I am wondering about the box also. Super stoked now. Still love the P3A none the less.

1) Inspire style Metal device holder arm

2) A new, specially designed, magnesium core increases the stiffness and rigidity of the Phantom 4 without compromising weight.

3) Shoot sharp, clean video in up to 4K at 30fps and Full HD 1080p at 120fps for slow motion, through a newly designed 8 element lens that dramatically increases sharpness.

4) Dual compass modules and dual Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs)

5) Motors located higher --No more props in video when accelerating.

6) Slightly increased flight time

7) Faster --- New Sport mode

8) The gimbal and camera system is integrated into the body, bringing it closer to the aircraft's center of gravity.

It is also made of a rigid and strong composite material

9) The Phantom 4 camera has been improved in terms of image quality. Chromatic aberration has been reduced by 56% and lens distortion had been reduced by 36% compared to Phantom 3 Professional. In addition to lens improvements, camera firmware has been tweaked to enable the camera to capture 120fps video in full 1080p FHD (the camera’s field of view will be reconfigured to 47° when recording in this mode) for smooth slow motion.

10) Rudimentary case

Reactions: liketogethigh
Hmm, was about to click but but my previous 4 phantoms have all been through distributors in the US so I have some place easier to complain to in case of problems (one of them I had to return the camera twice to get one in focus and AllErc was great about that). But then, with the P3, that guaranteed I got mine several weeks late. What to do?

Haha. I'll figure out a different way to give it away this time -- no sob story required.
How about this.....Give one away to the guy that submits the best aerial photo from a P3, in your opinion. Give the other one away to the guy that shot the best 2min video with his P3. Just in case you want to give two of them away. :p

The idea is to give it to the guy that can put the drone to the best use, given the skill set he's acquired from P3, etc.

I particularly like the redundant dual IMU and dual GPS receivers, up to 32 satellite capable. It implies the GPS and GLONASS receivers have been doubled. Nice touch DJI.

While you guys are waiting for your new 4, my new 3 is half way across the country. I am OK with what I paid. I hope I don't end up regretting not waiting a bit longer. Without having piloted one of these, I don't know how much the new features will mean to me.

Hmm, was about to click but but my previous 4 phantoms have all been through distributors in the US so I have some place easier to complain to in case of problems (one of them I had to return the camera twice to get one in focus and AllErc was great about that). But then, with the P3, that guaranteed I got mine several weeks late. What to do?
Buying direct from DJI is the only way to get another brand new replacement unit, after the 14 day DOA dealer replacement timeframe, under warranty, instead of a repair. DJI is also currently paying all state sales tax with free shipping at the $1,399 price. That's a very big deal, saving $125 or more, without waiting to buy online out of state, and having to pretend to forget to pay the "use tax" on your state income tax on an out of state purchase.

Reactions: nhoover
I particularly like the redundant dual IMU and dual GPS receivers, up to 32 satellite capable. It implies the GPS and GLONASS receivers have been doubled. Nice touch DJI.
I believe it was redundant IMU and Compass, not GPS...

How about this.....Give one away to the guy that submits the best aerial photo from a P3, in your opinion. Give the other one away to the guy that shot the best 2min video with his P3. Just in case you want to give two of them away. :p

The idea is to give it to the guy that can put the drone to the best use, given the skill set he's acquired from P3, etc.
"Give the other one away to the guy that shot the best 2min video with his P3. Just in case you want to give two of them away. :p"

Man John, next you will want him to order one for everybody on the forum. :D

You are correct, thanks for pointing that out. The added compass helps. I still like it!
If they are both calibrated at the same time, it won't help much, as it usually isn't the failure of the device, but the calibration, that is faulty. However, it uses the best info from each of the two IMU's and Compasses, so it should help some, if one is a little off, or drifts.

I'm thinking about buying it too - was hoping to wait and use points, but I was genuinely excited about the obstacle avoidance and "active track" feature. The case that does come with it looks like a styrafoam box - but the video with the dog sled shows the P4 coming out of what looks like the DJI soft case. I wonder if it will fit the hard case...

tell us about the case - is it hard cardboard or actual plastic?

anyone have info on the RC - is it the same as the p3p/p3a or is it a new one? if new, does it have hdmi built in or do you have to buy that module?

Theres a upboxing video where the case looks like its some sort of hard foam, I cant tell exactly but I dont think its a hard case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20