Just ordered my P3P need advice on recommended accessories, etc

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I just purchased the P3P mainly for still photography (not much video - YET) and have a number of questions as I am a newbie. I was wondering a number of things.

1. Which sites/stores would you recommend for quality accessories
2. What accessories would you recommend?
3. Books, other training tools/software?
4. Simulation and alternative apps recommended?
5. Any other websites/resources I should know about?

Any advice for a newbie would be most welcome.

Thanks, Steve

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Most of what you're looking for can be found at PhantomHelp.com.

Batteries, batteries, batteries. Quick release prop guards on Amazon. The best way to learn is flying. So practice, practice, practice. And then stick to Authorized DJI Dealers for any other extras.

Reactions: Litz
Hello everybody.

I just purchased the P3P mainly for still photography (not much video - YET) and have a number of questions as I am a newbie. I was wondering a number of things.

Thanks, Steve

Most important accessory is a >$100 quad and lots of spare parts. I chose this one and learned to fly it before I took the sticks of the P3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSNWB5K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RRIMOK2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I am a camera geek so I bought one with the camera on it. you can pick one up without the camera for $50.

Crash crash crash away!

I got an extra battery and the DJI backpack case....I don't plan to buy anything else except for more batteries! I was just going to use the box at first, but then on an impulse added the case. I am really glad I got the case...

I may look into some filters in the future....

I saw a video showing carbon props and plastic props side by side on this site somewhere, so I will not get them based on that video. The plastic props looked far more stable.

I use a piece of plywood to take off and land on and hand catch if it is windy, so no need for gimbal guard.

I am not sure if I think the prop guards help that much, the one video I found of a guy getting cut had them on...so also no for me...

Hello everybody.

Thanks, Steve

Given the regularity on when these Phantoms are released, I'm curious to know why you didn't wait until April/May for the inevitable Phantom 4, especially given the fact that a company in this forum have developed phantom ground station software that will undoubtedly be a feature for the new phantom 4, amongst other (and very likely) redesign of a new aircraft.

Backpack case, lots of batteries, trackimo tracker just in case. prop guards are for sissys, and buy dji props....i never hav had to balance mine.

The main reason you are buying your P3P, I presume, is to take pictures. If you haven't already, take a photography course. There is an excellent course by Joel Sartore available from National Geographic. Fundamentals Of Photography Course on DVD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan